New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats up guys, just bought a bird!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats up guys, just bought a bird!

I was driving a v6 camaro when i was 17-19 and i got the f bod bug and went out and did it right this time and bought a 2000 trans am. its the dark blue non ws6 model. has 68K on it with all the options and an auto . the roof has definetly been resprayed but i'm not sure about the whole car. its got a clean title and carfax tho so apparently it wasn't in any accidents. i paid 10200 for it...think i got a good deal? i thought it was an ok deal. not great...but ok. i'm not really gonna do to much in the go fast department. i'm gonna get an electric cutout so it can be nasty and quite for the neighbors at night. maybe a lid. and i'm gonna get some torq thrusts and maybe firehawk or ws6 hood for it. thats about it tho i'm a poor college student. maybe when i finish school i'll make it go fast. i know this is getting long but i'm also wondering what i can expect in a 1/4 mile and 0-60 time. not that i'll be doing much racing but its nice to know haha. thanks guys
Old 10-28-2007, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

Welcome to the club, good pick up. I know all about College sucking the car fund money right up haha. I'd call for a 13.60 @ 105 ish.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:21 AM
11 Second Club

I bought a 99 M/6, leather, ttops and 50k miles for 10,500. But was it worth it to you? Welcome!
Old 10-28-2007, 05:37 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Whether or not he got a good deal depends on where he's at; in San Diego an 'F car like his could easily go for a thousand or two more, especially with all of the adrenaline junkie military types with thousands in hazard/combat pay floating around...
Old 10-28-2007, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

yea it was a good deal to me because i was tryin to get a ws6 but they were all 14000 or more for a decent one. i needed a car that day. it had lower miles and wasn't far away so it worked. i figured it was an average sale, not a deal or anything. the only thing that i dont like is the little bit of roof there is was repainted and not very good. it doesn't have any luster to it and theres a couple bubbles in it...i'm gonna have to get that redone. well i'll be here often so thanks for all the help guys. first tech qustion i guess is i'm guessin the cheapest place to find a non electrical cutout is ebay right? i found one on there for 54 bucks shipped. thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,278 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by brundz
and an auto
No shame in having an auto. Personally, I wouldn't touch one of these cars with an M6. City driving + manual = not fun, IMO. Good news is, there is very little difference between the M6 and the A4 when it comes to 1/4 mile performance. Only time the M6 will be considerably faster (stock for stock or mod for mod) will be from a roll.

Originally Posted by brundz
the only thing that i dont like is the little bit of roof there is was repainted and not very good. it doesn't have any luster to it and theres a couple bubbles in it...i'm gonna have to get that redone.
You will need to get the entire roof panel replaced to actually fix that issue. It's a well known problem that seems to plague many of the '99-'02 F-bodies (and a few of the late built '98s).

There is a sticky about this in the Paint & Body section:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body-work/308546-bubbling-sail-panel-issue-dummies.html

Overall, I think you got as good deal for that car. Probably would have gone for a couple thousand more around my area.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

i know my enlisting bonus is what paid for my TA and i was smart and got one form aroudn back hoem then drove it out west since the prices are crazy bad out here for f-body cars.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

You got a good car for a fairly good price. Your gonna love the car and the a4 as well especially once the mod bug bites you
Old 10-28-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome! You will love it!