Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Shifters??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Aftermarket Shifters??

Does anyone know anything about them? I have been looking everywhere on the net and the only thing that I can find is TCI has a shifter that they say will fit a 4l60e. I couldn't find if it had any exceptions though as to what it would and would not fit.. Any pics of different shifters installed would also be nice..
Old 10-30-2007, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best bet is to call TCI and ask a tech there. But I don't know of any aftermarket shifters for the A4
Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, there are quite a few shifters that are compatible with any 4 spd automatic transmission.

A quick search of B&M and Hurst showed a couple of nice selections. Now, the real question is how to make one look good in a Late F-Body console! That is a horse of a nother color entirely. Some guys have used M6 shifter boots instead of the factory bezel. The problem is, there is not shift indicator showing what gear has been selected.

I know I have seen some very nice shifter conversions here... do some searching, I know you'll find what you are looking for!

g
Old 10-31-2007, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been asking myself the exact same question... i want a shifter that is not as sloppy and loose as the stock one... also i want a shifter/ shift kit or something that allows me to shift it and get immediate gear change... now if i try it waits 3-4 seconds before changing gears... any help would be great.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put a pro ratchet shifter in my bird. not without sacrifise though.. it wont reach park... really i didnt mind that.. neutral+Ebrake= fine by me.. best part is watching the "B" team at the tire shop try to figure that one out.. soo funny i actually video d the hole thing last week... i will post a pic of the shifter with a m6 boot when i get home from work..