Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 purchase question

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 purchase question

ok im not exactly a newbie to an ls1 Ive had 2 before but im looking at a modded one for the first time. I looked at the car today its a 1999 beige trans am it has a fast 90/90 setup, longtubes, ORP, borla catback, some type of hotchkins suspension, lightweight racing buckets, and a good size cam in it. Thats all I could tell was done to it, its at a car dealer so they have no clue what is done to it. I coudnt test drive it today because they're putting a new clutch in it, but I was able to fire it up. My question is are theyre any specific places I should be looking at with a modded LS1? Or signs I should be looking for? It shot a little bit of smoke out of the tailpipe at startup but it wasnt blowing smoke by any means. The motor seems like its pretty fresh didnt have lifter noise or anything. Only has 66,000 mi on it. Also wondering if anyone might just know the former owner, I know its a long shot but its worth asking. The car still has the North Carolina inspection sticker on it. So it a beige 99 t/a ws6 hood, with black wheels w/ polished lip, racing buckets, monster tach, and thats about all the stuff you'd notice on the car.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/802226-can-anyone-tell-me-what-s-done-under-hood.html

Sounds like the same car. Stay away.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats it man I appreciate it 2.5qts in a 100 miles now thats some oil burn off