Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Grand am

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Grand am

Hi guys im new on here and my car is in the process of a rear wheel conversion with a ls1. It is a 2003 Pontiac Grand am. The car is being set up for drag racing and and i have a few ideas of how i want to do it just wondering what you guys think. Should i go with turbo set up or a blower. N20 or no. Also Auto trans from Fuller transmisions or a m6? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

That honestly sounds like a cool setup. I've always liked the looks of the last gen grandams. If your building the car for the strip and to compete you'll be better off going with an automatic transmission. They tend to be alot more consistant in pulling the same E.T.s than 6speeds do. Good look with your conversion and post up some pics if you get the chance.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:16 PM

Thanks. Ill probably go with the auto, i have all the parts except the trans, i jsut have to call and have it built, fuller was waiting for a response. Now i just have to take the car to cali. to get the swap done. Ive been designing it for about 3 months now. Cause i blew my motor i have now racing an LS1...lol. Ill have pics when i get it out there. It should be nice, ill have a wide body kit to fit the mini tub thats goin on the car. I plan on running 10.5X28's in the back. The only thing im worried about is the car doin a wheelie down the track. With my setup from my sponsors it should have around 800 rwhp.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have an 800 Hp singleturbo setup for sale.. t70 turbo, 50mm WG & BOV large air/air IC, coated LS1 turbo header setup, aeromotive pump... pm me if you are interested
Old 11-24-2007, 05:55 AM
TECH Regular

Where did you get the motor from and what all is done to it? How much does the Grand Am weigh? Sounds like it should be a pretty sick ride.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:46 PM

Well im getting the motor out of a 2001 corvette LS1 motor only, and fuller transmission is going to build a race auto trans for me. Right now its a stock ls1, after the conversion is done it getting sent out to make it a low compression motor to set up for the turbo. JE pistons, Oliver crank and rods. Not sure what heads yet but im having a custom intake manifold made for it to fit under the stock hood. The car is a street sleeper. Eventually my plans are to go pro with it. Gonna have 4.10 gear in the back with everything else a one off custom setup for it. Mini tub rear, and a wide body kit.

Quick Reply: LS1 Grand am