Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP MS3 thoughts and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP MS3 thoughts and opinions

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I hope to learn a lot and get some great advice from this forum.

I have a 2002 z06 (LS6) with headers, full exhaust with no cats and borla stingers. It also has a Blackwing air filter. Right now it has a GM HotCam with a tune but it is not nearly aggressive for me.

My plans are to hit 500 rwhp and then in the future put a stroker in it. I want my car to have a really rough idle because I like the badass muscle car sound and I don't drive it everyday so it is no big problem.

I have been talking with TSP and MTI trying to decide which cam is best. TSP recommends going with the MS3 cam and then putting on prc stage 2.5 ls6 heads in the future. They said with that setup and an intake I could make the 500 mark. I wanted to go with the MS4 cam but then I would have to flycut my pistons which didn't sound like too much fun.

MTI recommended their R1 cam but when comparing it to the TSP MS3 it didn't seem nearly as aggressive.

I was wondering if I could have some feedback from people on all of this and any feedback from people that have the MS3 cam and how they like it, what sort of numbers that put down, and how it sounds? I welcome any other suggestions on cams as well.

Also, how hard would it be to install the cam myself? I have installed cams on old pushrod v8's but nothing this advanced.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please..this has been discussed many many times
Old 12-05-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love my ms3...easy swap and for sure just enough old skool muscle car sound comthrough lt's
get it
install it
take a pic of the goofey smile on your face when you fire it up lol