Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Difference between chrome and polished WS6 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between chrome and polished WS6 wheels

Howdy fellas. I just bought a set of used WS6 wheels that I was told were chrome. The set I purchased have clear coat flaking off. Does anyone know if the chrome ws6 wheels came with a clearcoat? I know the polished ones did. I'm just trying to make sense of this. Any input is appreciated.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RDY2RUN
Howdy fellas. I just bought a set of used WS6 wheels that I was told were chrome. The set I purchased have clear coat flaking off. Does anyone know if the chrome ws6 wheels came with a clearcoat? I know the polished ones did. I'm just trying to make sense of this. Any input is appreciated.
Well real WS6 wheels never came in chrome. Chrome will have a smoother, brighter finish. Also will be heavier.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

they are all polished with a clear coat layer. mine had also started flaking about a week before i sold them
Old 12-15-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+3 on never coming in chrome. I've noticed alot of people selling WS6 wheels saying they are chrome, but unless they spend the $1200 to get them from that lakewood(?) place or had them done custom they are probably cleared.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RDY2RUN
. . ditto on what everyone else has said . .

Now the good news - strip off the rest of the clear and polish them up - they will look like chrome. Use the search, there are a bunch of guys on here that have posted their results!!!!

Quick Reply: Difference between chrome and polished WS6 wheels