Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

GTO APS forged 6.0 ironblock breakin video

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GTO APS forged 6.0 ironblock breakin video

Wish I could post some numbers. No luck yet. We got everything together broke her in and headed to the dyno only to find out the Tex Exo-skel won't hold. Shes letting loose at 3500RPM and 5 lbs of boost. I've heard great things about their customer service but so far I am not impressed. I'll post something in the buyer feedback section soon if they fail to contact me.

I spoke with Jared yesterday he told me to call back and all I get is his machine. All e-mails and other calls have gotten me no response. Sucks.

Anyhow here's the video the car runs great and under vacuum pulls strong. Can't wait to hit it with 14-18PSI

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...080086e1c9.htm
Old 12-18-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Be curious to see whats up with your exoskel since have one but only putting 420 engine hp NA thru mine so far. I am not sure but on the ls1 f bodies if you use arp flywheel bolts it will screw things up bad. You have to use stock their is difference in length. Also of course assume you torqued to at least spec and used loctite on flywheel and pressure plate bolts? Another thing might be if clutch is brand new might take some time to start grabbing. And metallic type clutches usually grab more as they get heated up? Organic types of course lose grip and start slipping as they heat up..opposite of the ceramic /metallic type discs.
This does seem weird as APS stated in other posts that they didn't have much luck with textralia twin disc either. Yet others in vette forums and even on here seem to have had good luck at pretty high power with them. I am getting disgusted with the whole clutch thing and if my exoskel don't cut the mustard and looking to have 850rwhp with 408,afr 225,decent cam my fast 90/90 and maybe 1000rwhp with small shots of spray then its built 480 and converter time and not looking back! Clutches really **** me off. I had terrible luck in past with older cartech clutch and adjustable hydraulics. They modified the stock masters and that didn't work very well for me,The clutch was dragging or something and only lasted a few thousand miles. Then had nothing but probs with mcleod masters. Liked the tex as it uses stock hydraulics and bought brand new latest upgrade for master and slave. My tex twin seems to be working ok,it was nasty for first 1000 or more miles to try to drive in heavy traffic but seems better at about 2000 mile mark.
But again have not had chance to test it as decided might as well do up forged motor next spring and then install turbos on it.
Good luck with the text issue and please post if you do get it figured out. I did have good luck with tex talking to them and even had Peter talk to me personally a few times. They seemed very nice and helpful and even sent me some test carbon full face street discs to try when said my standard discs in my twin were not impressing me with their streetability. Never got around to boltin in the street discs and Loboost said they slipped on him at close to my desired power. He has gone to triple with street discs. That might be combo I would go with if stick with m6.I wish Tex would redesign to get rid of floater plate rattling.That annoys me some and is only there when you push in clutch.The pedal pressure is decent though and as said the driveability seems to be improving with miles.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn I hope the exoskel does it for me
Old 12-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ironmancan
Wish I could post some numbers. No luck yet. We got everything together broke her in and headed to the dyno only to find out the Tex Exo-skel won't hold. Shes letting loose at 3500RPM and 5 lbs of boost. I've heard great things about their customer service but so far I am not impressed. I'll post something in the buyer feedback section soon if they fail to contact me.

I spoke with Jared yesterday he told me to call back and all I get is his machine. All e-mails and other calls have gotten me no response. Sucks.

Anyhow here's the video the car runs great and under vacuum pulls strong. Can't wait to hit it with 14-18PSI

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...080086e1c9.htm
Im in the same exact boat as you man. I am trying to get time to yank my exo skel twin disk off of my z06, but it is time consuming.

Heres my thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/816707-textra-exoskel-twin-disk-its-fried-just-700-lbs-torque-wth.html

Let me know what happens.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Sumbitch. Looks like your having better luck contacting Jared. Starting to get a little fired up over here. I understand someone being busy but so busy they can't take a few minutes to call or e-mail hell even a I'm still working on it would be nice. One of the reasons I went with Tex was I heard great things about their support. Crap....
Old 12-19-2007, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Rick, my SPEC will be eating itself before long...let me know how this goes for you, as my next purchase will have a lot to do with your experience. I wanted a Tex originally.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Launching!

I'm in contact with them now. I'll let you know
Old 12-20-2007, 07:42 AM
FormerVendor

I had great luck with the original Text oz clutch...best clutch ive ever had and it held 600+rwhp and 650+rwtq on a 200shot untill the stock block went pop. i purchased the twin disc now to install with the APS twins....hopefully it'll hold up to the task.

clutches are funny like that....there allways seems to be an even number of satisfaction and dissapointment with all the manufactures. most people swear by Spec....to me, it was the worst clutch i ever had and only lasted a couple thousand miles.

to the OP...goodluck with your issue...hope you get it all squared away soon.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Tex and don't look back!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

hey rick, how are things? whats the word with tex? cant wait to see that beast in jan.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

i have the exo skel, i beat the crap out of it and works fine. i guess they havent gotten consistent yet
Old 12-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Launching!

We pulled the clutch on mine, and it seems the pressure plate was not releasing and the clutch was not able to completely clamp down. There is a lot of meat left on the clutch itself; however, the thing has some serious white spots on it from it not being able to fully engage.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weird, mixed feelings from both sides? Makes me wonder about the exoskel now?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Launching!

These are pictures of my clutch =/

Quick Reply: GTO APS forged 6.0 ironblock breakin video