Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

raptor hood fitment issue.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default raptor hood fitment issue.

i just installed my raptor hood on my 98 ta. It fits flush on both sides but on the right the gap is slightly bigger than on the right side. Also on when the hood is closed the gap from between the headlights and the hood. The right headlight has more of a gap than the left headlight when the hood is closed.

The only thing i cant seem to figure out is when the hood is closed it hits the lower bumper and its kinda a tight fit .

Can anyone help
Old 12-21-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Post this thread in "paint and body" you will get more help there IMO
Old 12-21-2007, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Welcome to the world of after market hoods. Its alot of work to get things lined up perfect. You will find yourself paying money to get things perfect, or spending alot of your own time fixing it. I did most of the work myself with the alignment on my hood and its still not perfect. I was told by many body shops that they never seen a hood fit as good as mine without alot of body work. You may need to re shim the fenders, and bumper. I ended up extending the brackets on my hood hinges to get the fitment perfect.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

long time no hear man . too bad you dont have better news . i was reading just the other day an in depth write up that could help you out . i will look for it and pm you if i find it .
i do look forward to seeing the hood my friend and happy holiday from the snake !
Old 12-22-2007, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

It takes time to get it to fit right. I had to use shims between the hood and hinge bolts to get a good alignment. You also need to use the front bumstops to adjust the height and if need be, adjust the headlight assemblies for proper alignment.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you look at your brackets there are 2 holes, you have to adjust it using these to holes, they might need to be widened some to get them to fight, one should be an oval shape, if you widen the back one you can move it forward and if you widen it up or down you can adjust the hood if it is to high or two low.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill keep trying but its more of a pain in the *** than i thought.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah when i did my front end swap it was a pain, its still not perfect im going to have a body shop fix it when i get it painted.

Quick Reply: raptor hood fitment issue.