Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous wiring MELTDOWN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous wiring MELTDOWN!!!

Check this out. I took my car into this newer store by my house in Troy, MI called Buzz-Off Auto where they do alarms, tint, stereo, and performance stuff too. My friends bought me orange neons for the Z last year and Im just now getting to having them installed. I was really tempted to do the install myself, but i didn't for time reasons. Anyway, he takes me into the shop and shows me that it works, and it was pretty cool. There were some people in there gauking at my ride. So he starts it up (sounds like a beast), and backs it about 10 feet. He gave it a little gas, and the it starts sputtering and stalled out. My Z has never stalled for any other reason besides from driver error. Then, a $hit load of white smoke starts pouring out of the hood. I freaked out. I didnt know what to do. I ran in there, and he poppeed the hood. One of the wires for the nirous was glowing red hot. No fuses blew. It was messed up. So I grabbed every wire coming out of the Aux + hookup and yanked them all out. I had to take out every wire I ran except for the stereo connections. There were wires melted to my carpeting. God, i thought my car was on fire. Then the guy tries to blame it on me. I dont know how this is my fault, but i suppose its possible. But then I ATAPed it and no codes besides the PO420 that was there before. I took it home and then the lights didnt even work. THe gauge bezel was on wrong, and he just drilled a bare hole in the fire wall and stucka wire through it. So my friends payed 75 bucks for the install, and and they didnt even install them becauise i had to redo their wiring, and now I have to spend at least 50 bucks on new wiring for the Juice. Not to mention the fact that time is money, and im supoposed to race this weekend. WTF. Stay away from Buzz off auto in Troy, Michigan. And one question, does this make Buzz off liable for the damages they did? Cause I think this is too big to be just a coincidence. I would like to get some free wire. And I do0nt know how the fuses didnt trip...
Old 06-30-2003, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Nitrous wiring MELTDOWN!!!

ouch

Ryan.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love it when a shop does this. The car wasnt melting wires when it came in, but when they are done with it, it almost catches fire. By the way, if it was melting wires as fast as you say, it was about to catch on fire.

So now they play the "its not our fault" card. Some stereo shops are shady at best, and downright dangerous at thier worst. I have seen a few shops that are run by children with rich parents. They have NO training, and thier installs would make a fire marshall cower in fear of a meltdown.
You saved the car, that to me is worth more then whatever it cost to wire it. Take them to small claims court if you have the time, and want to screw around with them. Just dont ever let them near your car again!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Agreed, some of these shops suck. Thats what i think too, just some kids with some money that dont know ****. When I came in the next day and asked why he didnt put a grommet in the hole he drilled through the fire wall, he said, "I never do." Well WTF does that mean? I hate people. And they think my wiring was ghetto, well, it didnt have any probs until they looked at it. So, I told all of my friends not to let me let anyone work on my car besides myself. I suppose ill have to make a few exceptions, but ill try not too. people just dont care if its not theirs. But like you said, at least I saved my baby. I think im gonna go take a $hit on the door this weekend...