Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Music

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Music

Hey everyone. I gotta say my new toy has me loving music all over again.

My dad got me a 80G Zune for Christmas. The music and video blow the I Pod away!

Anyways I was digging though my CDs ripping them all over again.(lots the 30G,full, hard drive that had them all.

I came across one of my favorite CDs Plastic Joe's Insidious Mind Candy

Looks like he resirection of that band has started. Anyone who likes good hard music check it out. Hypocricy II is a good track. I was lucky enough to see them live

Now if I could get the owner to shoot me a copy of the cover art for my collection I would be set!

BTW Microsoft rocks!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Hey everyone. I gotta say my new toy has me loving music all over again.

My dad got me a 80G Zune for Christmas. The music and video blow the I Pod away!

Anyways I was digging though my CDs ripping them all over again.(lots the 30G,full, hard drive that had them all.

I came acroos one of my favorite CDs Plastic Joe's Insidious Mind Candy

Looks like he resirection of that band has started. Anyone who likes good hard music check it out. Hypocricy II is a good track. I was lucky enough to see them live

Now if I could get the owner to shoot me a copy of the cover art for my collection I would be set!

BTW Microsoft rocks!
Lmao,

Re-livin your Smokin Pot and Sniffin the white stuff days, huh???
Old 12-31-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a sight on the internet that has covers for any album, Gracenote.com maybe? How's the car coming? Mine is on jack stands currently, lol.
Robert
Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
There is a sight on the internet that has covers for any album, Gracenote.com maybe? How's the car coming? Mine is on jack stands currently, lol.
Robert
This is actually Zeke's band

The car? Well I keep finding HP it is just going to cost. Maybe a set of pistons. . . .
Old 12-31-2007, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

I still listen to my copy of that CD all the time.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:13 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, can ya feel the love... I think I'm getting all misty here.. LOL

We're one step away from the Judy Garland "You Really Love Me" moment here... ROFLMAO

But to dispell any rumors.. I am going to start playing music again seriously, but I'm not going to resurrect Plastic Joe. I've switched from playing guitar to playing drums, so there's no telling what will be next up on the plate.. Hopefully it will be something better than the last one.. I couldn't bring myself to step into Mark's shoes as a drummer (especially considering it would take me years to get to his level), and it would be too tough to recreate the other elements of the band with different people. So anything I do at this point will be brand new, and probably a lot different.

Personally, I'm thinking something more electronic... like maybe a Linkin Park / Evanescence kind of thing musically.. The drum kit I'm putting together is set up with both acoustic and electronic drums, and is designed to be able to trigger loops, samples, and sequences... so there's a lot of possibilities there.

Anyway, I think this is what you're after, Ellis... Dunno how big you want it, but this is pretty large...
Old 12-31-2007, 02:21 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Oh and Ellis.... you might like this.. I dug my white 7-string out for the first time in years and made a video of me playing my part in the song "Preacher Man". I'm pretty rusty (it was the first time I'd played this song in years, literally), but I think it came out okay despite a couple of mistakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKDoUc6tjZU

There's a whole crapload of other videos on my profile if you wanna see the ones I'm talking about in this video... one that is particularly getting a few people riled up is the one of me playing Rock Band and instead of singing the vocal parts, I'm playing a kazoo.. and I scored a 100% / 5-star rating on the song with a top 25 score on XBoxLive.. LOL

Last edited by DrEvyl; 12-31-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Very nice! Thanks man!

BTW LOVED the Video
Old 12-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Banned

How does one get a copy of this album? I am always looking to get underground stuff especially the psyhcodelic or harder rock.

Edit: I really like the vid that song is cool as hell.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Interesting thread! I didn't know about Zeke's music history. I just listened to some Plastic Joe and then checked some of those Youtube videos. Great stuff! It got my 7 year old's attention, because right now Guitar Hero is his favorite game. You're good man!

I've tried GH and used to play some guitar. Not nearly as good as you... I can't help from really hittin the strum bar, must be from playing habits? My kids just push it real easy. Hah we just beat GH2 last night and the Freebird ending was hilarious!

Rock on d00dz!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

Awesome video zeke!! Amanda said you kick *** on the guitar!! She was geekin out the whole time lol
Old 12-31-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Holy moly Zeke, it's been a while since I've seen yer mug....missin' some hair up top and plenty of silver to go w/ it. LOL

Music sounds great BTW.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Junkie

damn.. thats one crazy album cover..
Old 01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by raceme@you'dlose.com
How does one get a copy of this album? I am always looking to get underground stuff especially the psyhcodelic or harder rock.

Edit: I really like the vid that song is cool as hell.
Thanks, man..

If you want a copy, you can do a couple of things... the link in the first post of the thread goes to a page that has a link to order it ($10 + shipping, and in case you wonder, I do not make any money off the discs)..

Or, if you're gonna be at the track or a GTG sometime, I can bring some and I'll give you a copy of it.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

might want to bring more than one
Old 01-02-2008, 12:55 AM
10 Second Club

To everyone. I got to see Zeke and his band perform live in Seattle. They rocked! I did not meet Zeke for a year or so later. I did not even know for another year or so that he was in the band.

One day we got to talkign about music and he gave me this disk. I was thinking sure how good could it be. He is working as Microsoft. It has been one of my favorites since the first time I listened to it.

BTW it is not for the children. More for the thinking adult
Old 01-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Thanks, man..

If you want a copy, you can do a couple of things... the link in the first post of the thread goes to a page that has a link to order it ($10 + shipping, and in case you wonder, I do not make any money off the discs)..

Or, if you're gonna be at the track or a GTG sometime, I can bring some and I'll give you a copy of it.
Pm me where to send the funds and I'll take a copy. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:30 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by raceme@you'dlose.com
Pm me where to send the funds and I'll take a copy. Thanks.
Just go here...
http://cdbaby.com/cd/plasticjoe

CD Baby is a reputable company, so there's no worry about ordering from them. I have been getting CDs from them for years without any issue.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

Thanks, I ordered it.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, not bad Zeke, didn't know ya had it in ya, lol. My buddy for 30 years plays in his own band and went and seen him play at the pub new years eve, he's got a recording studio at his house, however, never has gone as far as your production. Anyway, I dug your sound and also picked up a CD. I tried guitar lessons when I was young, but flunked out, so I know not everyone can pick up a guitar and play. Hey, could I use one of your songs for background on my intro page in my web?
Robert

Quick Reply: Music