Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line lock question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line lock question?

I have the hurst line lock with the Z-rated install kit. It comes with everything pre bent lines, switches everything. Do you guys have any tips for installing this thing.This is the first thing i plan to install by myself. I also have the Earl solo bleeders to bleed the lines when i am done. Do i need any special tools? It says to drill through the firewall under the steering cloumn. Is this as safe as it sounds? Anything i should worry about? Does everyone install the Arming switch and then the momentary switch, or just the momentary switch? Thanks
Old 06-30-2003, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Line lock question?

Nothing special. Make sure you lay out the lines before you start unhooking the lines. I use the switch, inside the ash tray. Small hole just to center and below the clutch pedal.

Good Luck

David
Old 06-30-2003, 08:27 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Line lock question?

Yep, get everything situated and konw where you are going with the lines B4 you take it off the M. Cyl reducing your air/contaminates in the system. I installed mine to the side of the fuse/relay box, front left inner fender. No special tools, a couple wrenches and your good, Earl's will make it a total one man job. I am not using the momentary switch, I prefer to lock the wheels, and burn and then switch it off manually with my hand, just preference. Safe to drill into that area, yep. But as with anything else, take a look to make sure the exact spot you are drilling is clear, then use tape around the drill bit to make a bit stop, to prevent the bit from going to far thru!

Good-luck.

Charlie