Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beefing up the bottom end.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beefing up the bottom end.

I wont lie, Ive only been doin mechanic work for lil over a year now, workin with my Dad at his garage. Im pretty decent in most areas. Still hard to diagnose problems n' such.

The bottom end on my 98 Formula is startin to chatter and get some wear in the rings. Ive never done any sort of internal work unless you call a head job internal from yalls perspective. Im wanting to beef it up a bit, more torque, more hp. Most of the work on my LS1 Ive done myself, fixing lines here... new brakes there, fuel pump somewhere... but the bottom line is Ive never messed with the bottom end of a LS1 motor. What will all need to be done to fix the smoking issue and the chatter.

One of the mechanics I work with said he would be more than happy to lend a hand but he himself was not quite sure what kinda upgrade I should go with on the bottom end and possibly new pistions.

Like I've said Im just a lowely Mo-canic and was wondering if the pistions could be changed from the bottom end as well.. Got round a 700 to 1000 for the upgrades. Lets hear ya got.. also put it in terms I can understand please, Im still learning
Old 01-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man.. 36 views and notta.. ok lets try this again..

98 Formula... Daily Driver... 11Bk miles...Bottom End Chattering and Starting to Smokeing... Going To Fix It... Beefing it up... What Would Be A Good Upgrade? Any Tips For when Removal/Installation? Im All ears!

Cut Simple and Dry?

Pretty much just tryin to see what most other LS1 Owners go with on the bottom end so I know what to go by...

Sure I know one upgrade is no good with out the other but they are getting done as the moneys able to do it. Bills do tend to put a stop to havin fun doesnt it?