Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP LS6 2.5 Heads TQR V3 cam results Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP LS6 2.5 Heads TQR V3 cam results Help

Just finished the install tonight. It fired right up and warmed up fine and stumbeled around and died constantly while driveing. Which is to be expected until I get a tune. As the "how to" guide said not to go above 4000rpm first drive I didnt. But heres the sad part. From 3000 to 4000 when I floor it to see what it has, its a joke. My camry wouldnt have any trouble keeping up. I am shocked. I drove it for a while and still, poor. It has no where near the power it used to have and at low rpms its a slug. Im getting a tune in a week and a half but I cant imagine it will make that much of a difference. Any ideas Thanks
Old 01-15-2008, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You shouldn't be flooring it if you just did a H/C swap and still on the stock tune. Great way to do some damage. The tune is the most important part of the process. Did you upgrade fuel injectors or stay with the stockers? Either way, I wouldn't drive it more than 1/3 throttle and only on the way to get the tune. Personally, I'd park it till you're ready to tune.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

I just slowly floored it becouse nothing was happening. Was yours the same way after the cam install? Stock injectors. Thanks
Old 01-16-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would say that somethings wrong. It shouldn't be that weak. Your tune is most definatley off and the car is likely pretty lean but even being it shouldn't be that weak regardless. I think you missed something.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

With that big of a change I'd get it tuned before I made any judgements. You just won't know until then whether there is something else going on. A decent sized cam and heads are way too much for the stock tune to handle.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Trying to evaluate what kind of power your car will make by flooring it between 3000-4000 RPM is not the smartest and best way to do it. Your car is untuned, which means its running rich and when you get on it, it is going to flood cylinder with gas due to being untuned. With all that gas going in the chamber the car will immediately fall on its face and have no power. Stop getting on your car and get it tuned.