Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My Neigbor Left Me A Nice Letter About My Exhaust Lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Neigbor Left Me A Nice Letter About My Exhaust Lol

i read it at first im like ok whatever than it says GET IT CHANGED im like go **** yourselve than im gonna rev the bitch till her kids eardrums explode at 3 am you could of just asked me nicely but since you wanna be a bitch about it i dont give a **** now lol she just made it worse plus i roll my car down the street from my house every morning and i turn it off 5 blocks from my house??

Old 01-19-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i had a neighbor complain to my landlord about my exhaust...the same guy that complained used to do it all the time before i moved in...must have been jealsous his mustang wasnt as loud...i continued to do it...i live out in the boonies, the cops wont come out unless something serious happens
Old 01-19-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

If the exhaust is legal I will write a letter back saying "Go **** yourself, Your neighbor" If not, ignore it.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Launching!

im gonna throw a cat on it and be done with it than just be a tad louder in the morning when i leave at 6 am or when i come home 2 am lol
Old 01-19-2008, 02:46 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks... I hate dealing with neighbors. I could never live in one of those complexs and deal with complaints.

Get a a couple cats on it to make it somewhat legal and leave it be.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate that. You know they are the same people that liked loud cars when they were younger. I'm assuming they are either older, don't like cars at all, or are just ********.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

If you know who left the letter I would be keeping an eye on them and ANY little thing they did wrong I would send em letters. My guess is they are not the perfect keep to them selfs people but still worry way to ******* much about what others do. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by greg_74
I hate that. You know they are the same people that liked loud cars when they were younger. I'm assuming they are either older, don't like cars at all, or are just ********.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I've had the same problem before, but they didn't call it "Noise Pollution". rotflmao.

Originally Posted by macleod
If you know who left the letter I would be keeping an eye on them and ANY little thing they did wrong I would send em letters. My guess is they are not the perfect keep to them selfs people but still worry way to ******* much about what others do. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Good idea.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

good grammar on that letter. My neighbor's used to say they could hear me coming home in my old 95 t/a w/ loudmouth, they would say 'sounds good' lol. As long as you get cats on there, you should be fine.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Launching!

screw them....burn em down infront of their house...and tell them to relocate if they dont like it.....i set of alarms without even tryin in my apt complex....and the good thing is people only complain about the 4cyl ttrucks runnin straight pipes.....guess they know **** when they here it
Old 01-19-2008, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

Don't put cats on it just cuz of the neighbors. People need to mind their own business, as long as your not revving it ,theres nothing they can do or the damn cops. If they wanna bitch about, let them. I personally feel cops can't do **** about the exhaust, because if your gonna make someone quite down their car , then make these ******** with Harleys guite those turds down and same goes for the **** and their Honda Civics and crap.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28misfit
if your gonna make someone quite down their car , then make these ******** with Harleys guite those turds down
I didnt wanna bring up the Harleys cause people get defensive but since you started it I can blame you if it goes south I got pulled over last summer in my TA, me, the wife and kid out for a sunday drive. Officer Steve pulls me over to tell me my exhaust is to loud. I explain to him that there is a muffler but he insists its to loud. During his "how you are wrong" speach a Harley goes by loud as hell and he just turns his head and gives him the nod. So the officer finishes with me and pulls ahead a few blocks to the stop light where the afore mentioned Harley is waiting to the light and Officer Steve actually gives him a thumbs up and then pulls over the Honda Civic for not using his right turn signal. WTF loud is loud, so why can the Harleys do it and we can't.......because police stations don't wanna **** of Harley cause they get their lease bikes for dam near free. Modified exhaust in most states is illegal, its a crock of **** but it's the law. What I think most people fail to realize is that the Harley comes OEM with mufflers they are quiet when they are new.

Sorry OP for the rant but I really hate people that bag on us for our cars which do dam little if no real harm to them.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

I would say as your not doing hole shots and WOT runs up and down your street they shouldn't have a reason to complain.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

This thread is fuc%in hillarious. You've got some real winners for neighbors.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

Ignore it.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

You have to be kidding me. Its cleary from the divorsed soccer mom who hates all mankind and their badass toys. You're fine! Plus like stated above, you COULD always do WOT runs down the street at 2am back and forth and see whos lights come on in the house, OR- better yet, just run Open LT's and see who gives you the dirtest look when you drive by during the day. Then you'll know who it is that left you that cute letter.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Do nothing, if anything, let it run for an extra couple minutes every morning before you get home LOL.

I start my car up all the time, open headers, 13.5 to 1 402 CI motor. I know a couple of my neibhor's hate it, and I could care less. I make a point, every time I start it to give it a quick rev then shut it off to clean the plugs off too
Old 01-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Better yet where do you live, I'll bring my car by someday if it's local
Old 01-19-2008, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

this is awesome! cops can't do **** about a legal exhaust...all they can do is complain...and i agree with the comment about the harley's... em!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

You could just be a nice guy and put a LM2 resonator and maybe some cats on it. I'm sure it sounds cool as hell but cam+LTs+ORY+LM1=very loud car.

Just sayin.