Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

meth tank location

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default meth tank location

where's a good place to mount two 7 quart methanol tanks (from snow)??? cargo bin is a no go (tank for air suspension)

back when this was planned as a water injection system, i was going to mount them inside where the rear passenger seats used to go...but carrying 3.5 gallons of meth in the back seats just sounds a little dangerous.

thanx
Old 01-23-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most ppl just use their windshield washer tank,thats what im gonna use
Old 01-23-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know, but i need lots and lots of methanol for road racing...the windshield washer resevoir just won't cut it
Old 01-23-2008, 05:26 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS101
i know, but i need lots and lots of methanol for road racing...the windshield washer resevoir just won't cut it
It's bigger than you think, but I'd have to look around if you wanted to you could put one on either side of the car under the fender well where the air pum used to sit you would have to use one of those long funnels to fill it though. Good luck.
Jeff
Old 01-24-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the windshield washer tank. It holds over a gallon, and obviously fits perfect in a great location for re-filling purposes. Depending on the nozzle size and your exact setup, you may have MORE than enough with this setup.

I am running with my meth in my windshield washer tank, and with my 614 RWHP Snow Performance meth injection kit, I can beat the living snot out of my car for weeks and still have some left in the tank. I was really abusive to the car last year, and out of the 5-6 months I drove it, I only went through 7 gallons of meth.

When I ordered a new windsheild washer tank for my car, there was a mess up in the order, and I ended up getting two of them. If anyone wants a good deal on a brand new windshield washer tank, give me a PM.

Quick Reply: meth tank location