neatness
Old 11-21-2007, 05:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

severe lack of pics.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always dangling the T-bone infront of our faces, but there still hasn't been anything for us Fbody folks.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interesting concept. I wonder what actual advantages it will have over a traditional twin screw.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got an email from the company and he claimed that they currently have a SC for LT1's! If I hear any more information I will post it, I hope they really do have something for the LT1 it might make my engine choice easy! But I'm not going to hold my breath...
Old 12-01-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

read the rest, its a scam. dude ms painted the pics, they are not real!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:11 PM

A preproduction rendering of what a finished product should look like does not mean something is a Scam. It is done all the time. You have seen Clay models of cars that are no where near ready for production. No one is asking or has asked for a Nickel of anyones money or are they trying to sell you anything or directing you to web sites. Everyone is just going to have to wait till we are Sponsors on this site as well as a couple of others then we will be more open. This all started as an answered question from someone at a web site which he posted, not us. We do NOT want anyone to imply anything other than what was said and wish that this would quiet down till we are ready to launch a a totally finished and 50 state legal product. I think it would be best if the moderator would stop this thread so we do not over step the rules trying to answer questions.
Bob
Old 12-01-2007, 12:32 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Bob Jones
A preproduction rendering of what a finished product should look like does not mean something is a Scam. It is done all the time. You have seen Clay models of cars that are no where near ready for production. No one is asking or has asked for a Nickel of anyones money or are they trying to sell you anything or directing you to web sites. Everyone is just going to have to wait till we are Sponsors on this site as well as a couple of others then we will be more open. This all started as an answered question from someone at a web site which he posted, not us. We do NOT want anyone to imply anything other than what was said and wish that this would quiet down till we are ready to launch a a totally finished and 50 state legal product. I think it would be best if the moderator would stop this thread so we do not over step the rules trying to answer questions.
Bob
LOL, OK
Old 12-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Banned

Willem @ Fuel Injection Concepts's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bob Jones
A preproduction rendering

Uhm.. it's a picture of a saleen blower that wasnt even photoshopped.. it was freakin touched up with the spray point tool in MS Paint.. and a very sloppy job on top of that!

Rendering? lol
Old 01-18-2008, 03:41 PM

Default Links to the pics online...decide for yourself...

Here's where you can find the Saleen blower pic - http://www.saleen.com/supercharger.htm

And the Richwood blower pic - http://www.i-charger.com/index.html

Open Photoshop, turn one of the pics opaque and drag it over the other...same exact image...same lighting, same rotation of the pulley, same red dots on the pulley, same, same, same.

So, if this wasn't the same photo, then 2 pics just happened to be snapped in exactly the same way. But look at the overall image...it's the same thing.

What the heck is going on here? The worst part is the photo editing is so terrible...the foggy edits over the plenum, the blotted out lettering on the pulley...is that a Saleen logo on the gear cover?

This just makes it worse for all of us.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to the guys at i charger about a 4 rotor housing for a all out race motor that displaces 7L per revolution. When i finally asked how much and who to talk to to order i got put on hold and hung up on, to this day i still can't get a price.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

Their in-valley idea is pretty sick though. Not sure if these guys are legit but it would make alot of us F-body guys happy. If and when a kit comes out with a mp122 or TVS 1900 or 2300 blower I am all over it. The M112 just does not have the capability of making enough power for me to justify the price I will pay. Hopefully Ed can get his hands on one of the above and make them fit.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:44 PM

Default Blown...smoke?

Well, their website is extremely marginal (I-Charger) and the phone number seems to be someone's cell phone, which isn't too promising. Pisser is, nowhere is there mention of a smog-legal kit. The screw supercharger is certainly the best way to go, but the problem with an integrated one is that there has to be one designed for each application...Chevy, Ford, Chrysler, etc. That gets expensive, though the idea looks promising. I think they jumped the gun and underestimated the American market...we see things, we want to buy them NOW and not wait and wait.

Speaking of which, when I called last year after the PRI ad came out, I had to leave several messages just to get a call back. The dude who called me (finally) was helpful, but had to answer many of my questions with, "Let me find out and get back to you." which is fair, but irritating. Then, late in the year, I called back and got some generic Sprint PCS message...weird.

In the age of the internet, why doesn't their website have any flow data or performance data? And why aren't there more photos? I refuse to call Australia to talk to the owner of this company, I don't want a huge long ditance bill and I don't feel that I should have to if they are going to (supposedly) do business in America.

The Saleen photo really made me stap back and wonder, and after you see them for yourself, it's pretty damn obvious. I think they could end a lot of the arguing over the photo if they showed us the original, un-modified one, though my speculation is that without mods, you'd see Saleen's name on that blower.

I'd sure like to get my hands on an integrated blower, but I'm left feeling more and more like all this is really just hot air...
Old 01-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Launching!

anybody heard anything else from these guys?

Quick Reply: I-Charger (Twin Screw) info from the manufacturers. Good stuff