New Orleans - shreveport/bossier hang out!

View Full Version : shreveport/bossier hang out!

Blown383LS1
03-18-2011, 10:06 AM
From what i hear, theres going to be a lambo in town tonight looking to run anyone. Its said to have some work done to it but not sure what. Ill be making the hour drive to see whats up with it. I think he already has a few races lined up but he said he would run anyone from a dig or roll. Anyone here interested in whooping up on a lambo?

Where is he going to be? Not that I will be smoking a Lambo, but I would like to see it in action.:nod:

SIC LSX
03-18-2011, 10:10 AM
only if i had tires, clutch, drive shaft :( Ive raced one b4 and beat it but it was stock. Ive went from 3.42 gears to 4.30s so car is much faster now just need those things lol Where will he be hanging out?

BadAssBowties
03-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Clyde Fant parkway

BadAssBowties
03-18-2011, 10:13 AM
He said he wanted to run some 9 second cars.

Shutdown Theory
03-18-2011, 10:15 AM
o those LSU fans....

SIC LSX
03-18-2011, 10:17 AM
He said he wanted to run some 9 second cars.

then he is far from stock! run 11 s stock. he will be lucky to find a 12 sec car at Clyde Fant :jest: i may try to ride by just to see

brett walker
03-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Clyde Fant parkway

I'll be there once I leave the track, i'd love to see a lambo in action:D

BadAssBowties
03-18-2011, 10:55 AM
^ Brett?

Blown383LS1
03-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey Brett was that your car I saw on a trailer yesterday on 220?

brett walker
03-18-2011, 11:05 AM
My name is Ivory i'm a good buddy of Bretts, but yea most likely that was him. Was a F-250 pulling it ?

BadAssBowties
03-18-2011, 11:11 AM
I know both of yall use his name thats why i was asking who it was.

Blown383LS1
03-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Yea, black I think.

brett walker
03-18-2011, 11:18 AM
I know both of yall use his name thats why i was asking who it was.

Yea i'm gonna have to make my own so the confusion can stop lol. But you goin out to fant tonight ?

brett walker
03-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Yea, black I think.

Yea it's a dark gray but that probably was him goofing off.

mconway68w
03-18-2011, 11:32 AM
You can always pull the fuel pump relay.

Didn't think about the fuel pump. I may just tap in a switch and hide it somewhere. Thanks for the idea.

BadAssBowties
03-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Yea ill be there but ill be in my beater. The s10 is still under the knife.

Lacajun
03-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Just took my car down the road for some testing after changing over to some rear drag shocks did a couple of burn outs now the car want take off in drive...u can take off n first and manually shift to 2nd then 3rd then OD just fine w/no slipping ..you can shift back down the same way....no probs....but from a dead stop in D or OD it just like it is in N......goes to P & Rev. just fine...dont htink it is the linkage ....was just about to load and go 2 the track$#$#@@ please help

Hilton
03-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Kate's car, (the ML55 AMG) developed a slight knocking sound and vibration coming from the front center floorboard.
It felt EXACTLY like a bad cv joint.
I looked under the car, and at least the boots covering the inner and outer cv joints were in perfect shape.
I looked online for people who have had similar problems. One thought was that the front and rear differentials need to have the fluid changed every 60k miles. At ~120k it was time. The transaxle is deemed by Mercedes to have a "lifetime" fluid, which I think is BS. I changed it too, with the recommended M1 synthetic ATF. The differentials got M1 80-90. Test drive showed no improvement.
I then put the car on jack stands and shifted into drive, turning off the traction control first so that the computer wouldn't freak out.
With the wheels turning about 5mph, I crawled under the car (very carefully) and listened for the knock. It sounded as though the knock was coming from the front driveshaft and upon further inspection, was banging exactly once each time it rotated. The sound was coming from the transaxle side of the driveshaft.
I shifted the car into low range to see if that made a difference. It did not.
I pulled down the front driveshaft. The noisy side has two U joints, with a spring loaded ball joint between them. The spring had apparently reached metal fatigue, allowing the ball to rub on the socket, wearing away 1/4 of it completely.
I took the worn parts to the parts store and we measured them. The same parts are used on a 4wheel drive Jeep.
I replaced both U joints and the spring loaded ball joint in the middle. Total cost was $66. The car drives better now than it ever has.
I also replaced the battery. The ML takes a group 49 battery, which is huge and expensive. The battery that was in the car was from 2006 and recently started struggling to start the car.
I again love the car. I was toying with the idea of selling it and getting something more fuel efficient.

I just read an article on true cost of ownership for the top rated "green" vehicles. This includes depreciation and fuel costs over a 5 year time frame.
The "best" or "cheapest" was the Prius with a 5 year cost of ownership of $36,000, or $600 a month.
The lowest one that still made the "excellent value" criteria was ironically the hybrid ML Mercedes. 5 year cost $65,500 or $1091.66 a month.
Our ML was ~$10,000 (used obviously, and I got a GREAT DEAL) Over 5 years, that's $166 a month if at the end of 5 years we throw it away.
Forget the fact that at the end of the 5 year period the ML will be worth SOMETHING.
We would have to spend $434 monthly on fuel and repairs just to break even with the Prius! Plus I don't have to drive a Prius for 5 years.
Then I thought that maybe I'd sell the Chrysler, put ~$5k with it, and buy an 05-08 Civic.
The Chrysler gets 24 mpg and has to use premium fuel, while the Civic gets 35 mpg and can use the cheap stuff. I divided it out, and switching to the Civic would save me ~5.1 cents a mile. $5000/ $0.051 = 98,039 miles JUST TO BREAK EVEN!
I'm keeping my cars.

01ssreda4
03-18-2011, 01:18 PM
1000hp twin turbo Lambos still struggle to get out of the 11s....seriously.

01ssreda4
03-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Im very surprised either one of these broke into the 10s. I watched the TT underground racing passtime and most were in the 11s. 100k for the engine/turbos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIQHoK9Ibk4

BadAssBowties
03-18-2011, 01:45 PM
LOL of the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1nA0IzpmX0

SIC LSX
03-18-2011, 02:39 PM
to much power to hook on 19+ wheels/tires AWD or not and none of them a real drag racers so cant get off the line!

Blown383LS1
03-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Just talked to a friend of mine and he is going to the track tonight with his automatic 2011 5.0. Anybody else going to make it out?

BlueThunder2
03-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Just took my car down the road for some testing after changing over to some rear drag shocks did a couple of burn outs now the car want take off in drive...u can take off n first and manually shift to 2nd then 3rd then OD just fine w/no slipping ..you can shift back down the same way....no probs....but from a dead stop in D or OD it just like it is in N......goes to P & Rev. just fine...dont htink it is the linkage ....was just about to load and go 2 the track$#$#@@ please help

Let me know what you come up with, or if you still want me to come to track tonight.

SIC LSX
03-18-2011, 04:47 PM
i know ryan with the turbo truck is going to drive up just to get some miles on his truck. I was going with him but forgot the wife made plans already lol

Shutdown Theory
03-18-2011, 05:58 PM
whats a LS B18??

edit...googled it..its a B18 Ls...i thought it was some kind of LS motor i'd never heard of lol

Lacajun
03-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Let me know what you come up with, or if you still want me to come to track tonight.

From what I have read on here about my trans problem....it sounds like my sprag is broke.I have a built turbo splined power glide I am thinking about putting and/or paying someone to put in.Wonder how the glide would work + whats the going rate on a tranny swap.....anybody know someone that would do it for a fair price ????

01ssreda4
03-19-2011, 02:35 AM
By the sounds of what you said, I thought internal trans failure. But, I'm no trans expert and I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. If you decide you want it rebuilt, I can give you the info to the guy that did mine. He has a very good reputation among drag racers. He is semi-local also as his shop is in Tex-arkana. Real good guy to deal with.

SIC LSX
03-19-2011, 03:03 AM
Fuck a 4lshitty! If u wanna keep a od trans build a 4l80. If not go glide or a th trans. A glide will pick up a few tenths over a 4l60. Hell Ive seen a full half sec going glide over 4l60

BadAssBowties
03-19-2011, 04:04 AM
From what I have read on here about my trans problem....it sounds like my sprag is broke.I have a built turbo splined power glide I am thinking about putting and/or paying someone to put in.Wonder how the glide would work + whats the going rate on a tranny swap.....anybody know someone that would do it for a fair price ????

Did you get pulled over on clyde fant tonight?

BTW the lambo get beat by outonyou. The camaro was on motor and looked to be a car or more ahead. If i was to guess id say the lamborgini may run mid 12.s on the street. It may not be $300k fast but it sure is a pretty car lol.

mconway68w
03-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Wish I could have seen the underdog prevail. Probably would have been a little different on a road course.

mconway68w
03-19-2011, 05:29 AM
Would like to have seen the lambo guys face when he lost.

02blackbeauty19
03-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Wish I could have seen the underdog prevail. Probably would have been a little different on a road course.

Underdog? Everyone knew Outonyou would win. The underdog was the Lamborghini, but he was the only one that didn't believe it haha

mconway68w
03-19-2011, 07:51 AM
I meant "underdog" in the eyes of the general public. where did they run at? Clyde fant?

SIC LSX
03-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah the one i raced a while back i got by a few cars. Whats outonyou have done to his car?

Blown383LS1
03-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Did this race happen at Clyde Fant? I drove past about 11:30 after I left the track and there was no one there.

brett walker
03-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Man tires sure help alot, I got the best of a 12.6 lastnight with the slicks:nod: By the time I left the track I guess the lambo had already gotten served

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t314/ivory_bradford/photo.jpg

Blown383LS1
03-19-2011, 11:44 AM
^^^^^^ I watched you run last night. I was hoping that 10 bolt wouldn't let go. Lol

BadAssBowties
03-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Nothing happened at C/F. Law showed up pretty quick and asked us to leave.

mconway68w
03-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Where did they run at?

BadAssBowties
03-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Lakeshore

mconway68w
03-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Anybody hear what "lambo guy" had to say afterwards?

SIC LSX
03-19-2011, 04:11 PM
lol im sure not much lol calling out 9 sec cars and gets smoked by 11-12 sec cars

01ssreda4
03-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Fuck a 4lshitty! If u wanna keep a od trans build a 4l80. If not go glide or a th trans. A glide will pick up a few tenths over a 4l60. Hell Ive seen a full half sec going glide over 4l60

Where's your hatred coming from? Have you gotten your ass handed to you by some 4l60e cars in the past? Autos are always faster then M6s.:judge: Manuals are for those who like to grab and play with knobs.....:gay::sack::wrist::supergay:

SIC LSX
03-19-2011, 04:48 PM
LOL only for people that can't drive.:) I love autos I just don't like 4lshitty. You don't drive your car enough to break the trans 1-3k a year is much driving :). lol if ya going to run auto and all about being fast get a real auto. Th350 th400 or a glide will all last longer and go faster then the best built 4l60 out there for 1/4 the price. If ya want OD trans 4l80 is where its at and will last for years!.hell my friends 2005 HD has 140k miles and tows with it everyday heavy loads and trans has never been touch other then fluid changes, lets see a 4lshitty do that. Ive seen 3 cars pick up a half sec in 1/4 going from a goo 4lshitty to a th350 or glide and have been in cars for 3 years now and drive 10k miles a year on street with a 500$ rebuild.

Now that i think of it in all the street racing the only 4l60 car that beat was 500hp 408ci. smoked me from a 25 roll and dead even at a 45 roll, 60 roll i beat him. His trans hated life from high roll hits. It was him wanting to run that high he said he could take me from any roll and i ended up showing up a car with 85 more hp then me due to m6 vs auto gearing he was shocked. autos are great from a stop but from a roll street race not the best!

brett walker
03-19-2011, 04:50 PM
^^^^^^ I watched you run last night. I was hoping that 10 bolt wouldn't let go. Lol

Lol yea, you & me both. I wasn't launching to hard tho, I always take it easy 25-3000 rpms.

MCBRIZ28
03-19-2011, 06:30 PM
LOL only for people that can't drive.:) I love autos I just don't like 4lshitty. You don't drive your car enough to break the trans 1-3k a year is much driving :). lol if ya going to run auto and all about being fast get a real auto. Th350 th400 or a glide will all last longer and go faster then the best built 4l60 out there for 1/4 the price. If ya want OD trans 4l80 is where its at and will last for years!.hell my friends 2005 HD has 140k miles and tows with it everyday heavy loads and trans has never been touch other then fluid changes, lets see a 4lshitty do that. Ive seen 3 cars pick up a half sec in 1/4 going from a goo 4lshitty to a th350 or glide and have been in cars for 3 years now and drive 10k miles a year on street with a 500$ rebuild.

Now that i think of it in all the street racing the only 4l60 car that beat was 500hp 408ci. smoked me from a 25 roll and dead even at a 45 roll, 60 roll i beat him. His trans hated life from high roll hits. It was him wanting to run that high he said he could take me from any roll and i ended up showing up a car with 85 more hp then me due to m6 vs auto gearing he was shocked. autos are great from a stop but from a roll street race not the best!
Not trying to start anything but I have a 4l60e in my car that has 70,000 miles on it since it was built by the same guy that just did steve's car weighs 3750 lbs and has been in the 10.80's 1/4 mile several times on the spray has had mid 1.40 60fts and I have won a track championship bracket racing at my local track with it a couple of years back log book shows 1100 passes that not counting no telling how many tnt days that I have forgot to log that was on my cam only 346. Its still in the car behind my new 520 rwhp na 408 with 50 passes on it and still shifting fine it. If it breaks the next time I drive I will just laugh and have it fixed. But I don't street race to old for that stuff anymore I would rather take it to the track lift the front tires up. never have seen the use of roll racing all the street racing I did was from a stop

SIC LSX
03-19-2011, 07:11 PM
One of the few. When u work at a speed shop like the one I worked at and see many customers and friends You see tons of the break even with mild mods with high dollar trans from tech sponsors. Yes u get a warranty but sucks to pull your trans. when they get rid of it they all say man I should of did that a long time ago. Knowing one or two people or out of the hundreds I've seen break is why I don't like the 4l60. Like ive said from the begining. Will they work yes but they wont last.When u have any real power and drive it they just wont last. Like

Swerve7rpm2000
03-19-2011, 07:50 PM
4l60's will hold up, but 700+ H/P ure prolly gonna be building it a little bit more often... I had a 60 built to the T with around 500 H/P and never had any problems with it and was in my 4200 lb truck, since then i just took the extra precaution and got my perty new 80e! Mcbrizz28's camaro is a beast and being able to dial in a tune helps add that much more reliability.... On the other hand look up this link, this is a 4l60e built by my tranny guy that is holding a three stage nitrous vette pushing right at 900 H/P... Once on the page scroll to the bottom

http://transmissiontechnologies.com/smokedog-and-kens-gallery.aspx

brett walker
03-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Anyone want to play on the street tomorrow around 1-2? Want to test out my car a little before i go to work and I have a good slow sunday spot. Just pm me.

Brett

Swerve7rpm2000
03-19-2011, 09:18 PM
well wish i could im trying to find somewhere to ride and put the miles on my new motor... prolly need to hit 200 miles tomorrow... ne 1 got any ideas of anywhere around here within a couple hours thats worth looking at?

01ssreda4
03-19-2011, 10:32 PM

You aren't one of those guys who thinks a stock 80 is better then a built 60 are you? :jest: I dont drive my car much anymore but I used to. Put about 25k on it within the first year of driving it. The 4l60e thats in it has made it through 3 engines, 105k miles, modded at least a good portion of that mileage, DRs, and a driver with a heavy foot. Trust me, I know they can break, but they aren't as bad as some make them out to be. People tend to be a bit overly dramatic, so I take that with a grain of salt. The 60 is perfectly capable of propelling an f-body with pretty high hp levels. However, its forward motion is produced with multiple wet clutch sets (obviously), and there is a ton of factors that can make those fail. Obviously they are a wearable item, the more punishment they are subjected to, the quicker they will have to replaced and the more crucial set-up and maintenance will be on them. When you push the limits of an auto trans, you up the maintenance severely (in the form of rebuilds). For some this is hard to grasp, and they have continual trans problems.........I came to a fork in the road where I felt like I wanted to better the transmission part of my drive-line. I considered building the trans myself, putting in a low mileage stocker, or having one built. I realized that most of the bad reputations of 60s are from builders who honestly don't know what it takes to make them live. I chose someone to build it who knows the car is going to be raced. He knows its got a big converter, good tires, and I told him I will pound it day in and day out. I let him build it his way, and didn't question his parts lists or build specs. Who would I be to criticize him? McBriz28 said a lot of racers run his 60s, and thats all I needed to hear.

Lacajun
03-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Hho in the port city or surrounding area will/can do a trans swap from 4L60E to a glide....about how much is this going to cost me ....I already have the glide..........thanks

mconway68w
03-20-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm using East Texas Muscle Cars in Longview to forge my motor. Not sure what they would charge for a trans swap, but they seem pretty experienced. They dyno tune as well, but they are really busy and it takes a while for them to get back to you. I'm ready to drop mine of so i can get back on the road.

02blackbeauty19
03-20-2011, 01:54 PM
4l60's will hold up, but 700+ H/P ure prolly gonna be building it a little bit more often... I had a 60 built to the T with around 500 H/P and never had any problems with it and was in my 4200 lb truck, since then i just took the extra precaution and got my perty new 80e! Mcbrizz28's camaro is a beast and being able to dial in a tune helps add that much more reliability.... On the other hand look up this link, this is a 4l60e built by my tranny guy that is holding a three stage nitrous vette pushing right at 900 H/P... Once on the page scroll to the bottom

http://transmissiontechnologies.com/smokedog-and-kens-gallery.aspx

I saw your truck cruising on Mansfield road headed south this morning. It looks great.

BTW, 4L60's will hold a good amount of power. I've seen where guys go constant 9's on them.

Swerve7rpm2000
03-20-2011, 02:27 PM
I saw your truck cruising on Mansfield road headed south this morning. It looks great.

BTW, 4L60's will hold a good amount of power. I've seen where guys go constant 9's on them.

Thanks man....Im trying to get this thing ready for tomorrows tune day and finally get some timing in it....Id put a 60 in a car all day but if i have the option i will always go 80 or powerglide..... This is probably just a personal preference of my own but i always tend to go overboard

02blackbeauty19
03-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah, if I had a choice and the space to do it, might as well get the 4L80.

Where you going for tuning?

Hilton
03-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Do any of you need an armoir? I've got one that is about as nice of a particle board unit as you can buy. It's made by Saunder. we had it in our bedroom at the last house. Our new house has built in cabinets. It was $225 new, and a bastard to assemble.
$100 assembled! (obo)
I'll take some pictures if there is any interest.

BlueThunder2
03-20-2011, 04:00 PM
I went through 5 4l60s before putting in an Art Carr 4l60. That one has lasted 6 years so far in a car that runs 10.2x
So, there are some out there that last. However, more out there that don't. Every time I changed mine out I debated on going TH or PG, just never did.

By the way, ETMC is not the only tuner in Longview. ;)

SIC LSX
03-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Yup what he said. There's a new tuner in town

Johnny-LT1-runner
03-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Self advertise much?

Swerve7rpm2000
03-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Yeah, if I had a choice and the space to do it, might as well get the 4L80.

Where you going for tuning?

I actually bought HP tuners myself to try and learn how to tune eventually, i use a guy outta Texarkana that will also take the time to show me how to tune and is very reasonable :P

Swerve7rpm2000
03-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Self advertise much?

wow? did he offend ya?

cainsw
03-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Th350's are a bad idea. Not only did my car slow down, I killed my 350 in something like 35-40 passes and I'm talking about a built th350 with a RMVB and a t brake. I wouldn't swap a 6spd or a 4l60 for a th350.

My dads car has a 4l60 that we built about 4-5 years ago, runs mid 11's all day long and we are just now giving it a little refresh. And although we haven't been to the track much in the last year, I know we put a lot more passes on our cars than most on this site. I have nothing bad to say about a 4l60

02blackbeauty19
03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
I actually bought HP tuners myself to try and learn how to tune eventually, i use a guy outta Texarkana that will also take the time to show me how to tune and is very reasonable :P

I have HpTuners pro and I'll probably convert my 2Bar tune to a 3bar tune when I get this round of upgrades done.

Again, nice looking truck bro

Swerve7rpm2000
03-20-2011, 07:13 PM
I have HpTuners pro and I'll probably convert my 2Bar tune to a 3bar tune when I get this round of upgrades done.

Again, nice looking truck bro

Thanks again, u goto the track often? How long have ya had HP Pro, after looking at everything it entails i was like woah! but just like anything else ill just have to read up some and get some crucial info from my tuner to be able to pick it up a little faster, i dont like calling people bugging them with questions lol

Shutdown Theory
03-20-2011, 07:24 PM
I went through 5 4l60s before putting in an Art Carr 4l60. That one has lasted 6 years so far in a car that runs 10.2x
So, there are some out there that last. However, more out there that don't. Every time I changed mine out I debated on going TH or PG, just never did.

By the way, ETMC is not the only tuner in Longview. ;)

u got a shop up yet? if so where at? i'd like to stop by

02blackbeauty19
03-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks again, u goto the track often? How long have ya had HP Pro, after looking at everything it entails i was like woah! but just like anything else ill just have to read up some and get some crucial info from my tuner to be able to pick it up a little faster, i dont like calling people bugging them with questions lol

I never go to the track LOL I did when I first got the car, but I would just tear stuff up now.

I've had it for probably 6 months. I've learned a ton by reading, just haven't had the chance to apply it to my own car. I've only done a bunch of DataLogging during street races and such.

brett walker
03-20-2011, 10:54 PM
well wish i could im trying to find somewhere to ride and put the miles on my new motor... prolly need to hit 200 miles tomorrow... ne 1 got any ideas of anywhere around here within a couple hours thats worth looking at?

I saw ya cruising down N.Market while I was at the car wash and also saw you at the track friday. Nice truck

BlueThunder2
03-21-2011, 07:14 AM
u got a shop up yet? if so where at? i'd like to stop by

Don't have anything up yet. Just getting moved into our new house. I'm still debating and looking at shops. You are more than welcome to come by anytime. Here in about a week I'll have all my tools back in my garage. For now, I'm just a travelling man doing "home" visits. "kinda like a doctor coming to the patient." LOL!

By the way folks. If you are going to be tuning with HP Tuners, please spend the money for the HP Tuners Pro. Then, make sure you get a wideband that will connect to or is compatible with the HP Tuners. That way, you can tune properly. For those of you that have purchased the equipment, I would be more than happy to run through a few tuning sessions with you to help you become more comfortable tuning your own cars.

01ssreda4
03-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Im starting simple with HPTuners. I figure since my car is an auto I'd start with transmission tuning/tweaking first. My fueling is already dialed in so no need to fool with that right now. I'm considering purchasing the LC1 from Innovative to log with. Anybody have any thoughts on that one?

BlueThunder2
03-21-2011, 08:59 AM
If you are looking to leave your wideband in place, an LC1 is excellent. It works well with logging info in your HP Tuners as well. If you're not planning on removing the wideband to tune a bunch of other vehicles with, then the LC1 is the route I would take. No sense in spending big bucks when the LC1 gets the job done.

If you want, you can shoot me your tune, give me a list of your mods, and I can shoot you back some adjustments to your tranny that your car might like. Then, if it doesn't like it, you can always change it. It just gives you something to start with. This particular tranny tune has worked well in several 10 second and streetable cars. So, yours may like it as well.

Don't worry, it won't cost you anything. Just thought I would help since your learning to play with it and all.

You might have to download the "Beta" version of the HP Tuners software though so you can actually see what I would be doing for your tune. The "Beta" version allows me to write to all the newer vehicles. I think they will let you download it for free from HPTuners.com

01ssreda4
03-21-2011, 09:17 AM
I haven't downloaded the beta yet. The trans is tuned already, but my stock trans was being a little lazy on the 2/3 so its set kind of conservative. When I put my new trans in Im sure the shifts will speed up some, but I like the rpm its shifting at now so I want to do some tweaking to get it back to where at the current shift rpm. As of right now the TM is gone, and line pressures are bumped up. The new trans has an HD2 so I may take the pressures back to stock. Just gonna depend on how it feels basically. I also installed some garden hose -8 cooler lines so these may reduce my pressure some, who knows. Just gonna see how it all comes together once its back on the ground and running. The shifts feel really good at 6400 and I'd like to keep them there. The cam is still making good power at that rpm and I'd hate to short change myself.

BlueThunder2
03-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Don't blame you there. Ordinarily, I would say to put the line pressures back to stock with an HD2. However, you may have to leave it up a little bit since you increased your line to -8. Hopefully, your pump will be able to keep up with the extra flow. ...Interesting.

01ssreda4
03-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Interesting you mention flow. I'm running a B+M plate cooler. Plate coolers are restrictive by nature. Ever see the size of the cross-over tubes on them? They are tiny, they slow the fluid down, and have more surface area for cooling. I think this is why most prefer them to tube and fin. They cool better, indirectly because of their restrictive design, thus slowing the fluid. But, like any fluid path in general, it only flows as much as your least restriction. I think actually -8 was probably spinning my own wheels while still running a plate cooler (flow wise) but man it sure does look mean.:jest:

BlueThunder2
03-21-2011, 09:46 AM
As long as it looks mean. LMAO! :D

01ssreda4
03-21-2011, 09:49 AM
TA Chris (you tuned his red car) came over and said "damn thats some big fuel line" :rotflmao:

01ssreda4
03-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Completed pic.

BlueThunder2
03-21-2011, 10:21 AM
That's funny!

Speaking of which. Next time you see him, ask when he wants me to come and tweak it some more....now that everything is good and broke in. I stopped short on our tuning session since everything was brand spanking new. So, I've got some more power to squeeze out of that thing. Maybe he's waiting until he gets some gears?

01ssreda4
03-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Considering his 10 bolt is in my garage he probably isnt accumulating break in miles at a very fast pace. ;)

SIC LSX
03-21-2011, 01:44 PM
just sent text to Chris for ya bluethunder :) his car sounded better then some ive herd around here here. i didn't hear one surge he is really happy with it :) Seen a few fbodys around at track and street surging dont no if they were tuned or not. i know the one at the track just got back from dyno tune and it was trying to die on him.

BlueThunder2
03-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Considering his 10 bolt is in my garage he probably isnt accumulating break in miles at a very fast pace. ;)

That's funny! I guess not. Ha. Ha.

just sent text to Chris for ya bluethunder :) his car sounded better then some ive herd around here here. i didn't hear one surge he is really happy with it :) Seen a few fbodys around at track and street surging dont no if they were tuned or not. i know the one at the track just got back from dyno tune and it was trying to die on him.

Thanks. Also, thanks for the compliments. I still have a bit more fine tuning to do to his car before I will be happy. I am not satisfied until its perfect.
What can I say, I have a bit of OCD when it comes to these cars. LOL!

taws6m6
03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
I'll be ordering headers,y, a wideband, and possibly a throttle body this weekend. So we can tune for that, and I've got the gears here now, rims and tires, still need to be mounted tho...then I gotta find time to put everything on. Been working a lot as usual. I prefer to do mods in one big group at a time, so I dont have to constantly turn a wrench in my spare time which is hard to come by nowadays

SIC LSX
03-21-2011, 07:06 PM
road in Ryan's turbo truck today that thing moves!!!! man its loud when the waste gate opens up!

Swerve7rpm2000
03-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Yes that wastegate will be vented into the dp now, damn thing sounds like its about to blow up its so loud, or we can rig up a a duck call on it :] lol

BlueThunder2
03-21-2011, 10:37 PM
I'll be ordering headers,y, a wideband, and possibly a throttle body this weekend. So we can tune for that, and I've got the gears here now, rims and tires, still need to be mounted tho...then I gotta find time to put everything on. Been working a lot as usual. I prefer to do mods in one big group at a time, so I dont have to constantly turn a wrench in my spare time which is hard to come by nowadays

Sounds Great! I guess you haven't had too much spare time making enough money for all those goodies. LOL!

road in Ryan's turbo truck today that thing moves!!!! man its loud when the waste gate opens up!

It sure does look quick!

Yes that wastegate will be vented into the dp now, damn thing sounds like its about to blow up its so loud, or we can rig up a a duck call on it :] lol

Now that would be one loud duck! LOL!

Cold06
03-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Come Saturday I WILL have a shit-ton of parts on order its a little harder to get parts @ tax time when you HAVE to pay 12k back haha!

BlueThunder2
03-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Come Saturday I WILL have a shit-ton of parts on order its a little harder to get parts @ tax time when you HAVE to pay 12k back haha!

OUCH!!!:gtfo:

WongBob
03-22-2011, 12:50 PM
And he pays baby taxes next to me.... I paid 17k last year. I guess 23-25 this year. FML...

Johnny-LT1-runner
03-22-2011, 02:53 PM
This is why you do it right the first time when you fill out tax forms...

Cold06
03-22-2011, 09:43 PM
And he pays baby taxes next to me.... I paid 17k last year. I guess 23-25 this year. FML...

Yea you made 25k more than I did lol

Cold06
03-22-2011, 09:48 PM
This is why you do it right the first time when you fill out tax forms...
....Im not going there!

Johnny-LT1-runner
03-23-2011, 05:36 AM
....Im not going there!

Did I troll too hard for a response? haha

Cold06
03-23-2011, 06:37 AM
Did I troll too hard for a response? haha

Haha yea I was but I said duck it lol!! there's not much you can fuck up on a 1099, your name, address, ss # company name. That's it

mconway68w
03-23-2011, 07:57 AM
"LS1TAX" lol. Do you guys file your own taxes or use a CPA? Just curious cause I started a service business this year and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to handle my taxes this year.

mconway68w
03-23-2011, 08:40 AM
On a tech note, can anyone suggest a shop around here that can pull a motor and rebuild the bottom end around here. The shop I was planning on using in Longview is taking to long to get back to me. I'm tired of playing email games and I'm ready to get back on the road.

Shutdown Theory
03-23-2011, 09:57 AM
On a tech note, can anyone suggest a shop around here that can pull a motor and rebuild the bottom end around here. The shop I was planning on using in Longview is taking to long to get back to me. I'm tired of playing email games and I'm ready to get back on the road.

ETMC is bad about that...its just one guy doing the work..on the bright side theres a new tuner in longview

01ssreda4
03-23-2011, 10:23 AM
I could pull/replace the motor for you but Im not a machine shop.....the short block would have to be dropped off once pulled.

SIC LSX
03-23-2011, 10:38 AM
your better off to buy a short block or long block with time and labor you would have to pay! you can have motor pulled and new motor put back in in a day! Ive seen a few deal in here on 408ci motors or you can just got get a 6.0 out of a junk yard for around $600-1200$

low mile ls2 block
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds/1392996-fs-ls2-shortlblock-1-200-10-000-miles.html
these heads to lower compression
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds/1401392-317-heads-off-2004-escalade.html

if u wanna do the swap on base with the lift i will help u

ls1 long block
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds/1396728-ls1-long-block-sale.html

i think your best bet is a 6.0 lq4 for what u have! cheap, strong, and low compression.

then get a wideband and bluethunder or someone to tune it for real and not a hand held so u dont hurt another motor

mconway68w
03-23-2011, 11:55 AM
If I get an lq4 longblock, what else do I need for the swap? Will everything from the ls1 bolt up?

01ssreda4
03-23-2011, 11:58 AM
yep :thumb:

mconway68w
03-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Sounds like the best deal. And I'm still left with an ls1 to part out or rebuild.

01ssreda4
03-23-2011, 12:51 PM
LS2 is a sweet deal bc you get the weight savings of aluminum and the 6.0 displacement with flat top pistons. They can be a tad pricier then an LQ4 though. LQ9 would have higher compression in the iron version....Whats your combo/parts list look like?

mconway68w
03-23-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm on my computer now, so my mods should show in my sig. I tried to pm you, 01ssreda4, but it was a no go. Can you pm your number so I can talk to you about the swap?

01ssreda4
03-23-2011, 01:21 PM
PMs are back on.

mconway68w
03-23-2011, 01:24 PM
I see the option now, but still no go on pm. I was just going to shoot you my number.

Swerve7rpm2000
03-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Looking for some rear rims 5 on 5 maybe 15x10's if anyone has some laying around!! Thanks, local pls

01ssreda4
03-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Anybody local wanting a Yank SS4000?

BlueThunder2
03-23-2011, 01:49 PM

Cold06 might want that.

01ssreda4
03-23-2011, 01:51 PM
If I sell it, it would need to be pretty quick, or I will just put it back in.

mconway68w
03-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Check out this long block. I hope the link works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-REMAN-CHEVROLET-GMC-6-0-LITER-LQ4-ENGINE-2001-2004-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f081a3bdfQQitemZ27071 8876639QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

If I order this, is there anything else I need to make the swap? Will the ls1 valve covers and etc. fit right up?

BlueThunder2
03-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Sounds like the best deal. And I'm still left with an ls1 to part out or rebuild.

I have a few engine providers in Atlanta, GA that I use. Let me know what you want, and I can call for a price for you.

mconway68w
03-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Seems like it would be kinda hard to beat the price on this lq4. I'm kinda on a budget and with this setup I dont have to factor in gaskets, head bolts, etc. like I would for a short block. It will be a while before I even look at boosting more than 5-8 lbs. I'm just trying to get back on the road asap with a reliable setup and tune.

I hope you'll be available for the tune when I'm finished, Blue.

BlueThunder2
03-23-2011, 03:01 PM
I hate when budgets happen! :mad: It's always at the worst time when you want to build it to handle your future needs/wants.

I'll be here for ya, don't worry. I don't mind hopping in my truck and driving to you either.

With a warranty, and you not telling them that you'll be putting a power adder on the motor :D you should be fine.

Shutdown Theory
03-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Check out this long block. I hope the link works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-REMAN-CHEVROLET-GMC-6-0-LITER-LQ4-ENGINE-2001-2004-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f081a3bdfQQitemZ27071 8876639QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

If I order this, is there anything else I need to make the swap? Will the ls1 valve covers and etc. fit right up?

why not just freshen up and forge your LS1?

brett walker
03-23-2011, 03:59 PM
My proform valve spring compressor just came in so now it's time to do the cam swap:D

http://emob163.photobucket.com/albums/t314/ivory_bradford/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3489.jpg

01ssreda4
03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Get on it Ivory...:thumb:

BlueThunder2
03-23-2011, 04:40 PM
My proform valve spring compressor just came in so now it's time to do the cam swap:D

http://emob163.photobucket.com/albums/t314/ivory_bradford/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3489.jpg

Are you done yet....are you done yet....are you done yet? LOL!

Cold06
03-23-2011, 04:49 PM

Im very interested. I can get it saterday if.... send me a text 318-436-6453

Cold06
03-23-2011, 06:35 PM
See you Saturday Steve!! :D

Lacajun
03-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Th400 or gline ??? What do you guys think...My trans guru says the glide want slow me down w/the right converter.Anybody been there done that ??? Or know someone that has......feel fre to chime in......By the way I already have a built glide w/a ultra bell............thanks

Cold06
03-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Th400 or gline ??? What do you guys think...My trans guru says the glide want slow me down w/the right converter.Anybody been there done that ??? Or know someone that has......feel fre to chime in......By the way I already have a built glide w/a ultra bell............thanks
go with what you got it will be cheaper.

Lacajun
03-23-2011, 10:14 PM
still got to have crossmember 240 from bmr,drive shaft 350 from spohn,shifter 200 from ? & converter for the glide 6-900.....thinkn of takeing up golf lol..........

Cold06
03-23-2011, 10:15 PM
IDK but Brett's car is a mean mofo with the th400!! 10.10s @ 132

Shutdown Theory
03-23-2011, 10:23 PM
i dont think u would need a th400 with 413 rwp...if you were to change trans from the glide i would go with the th350 if anything...not as much parasitic loss...but im sure you have bigger mods in mind for the future

Cold06
03-23-2011, 10:25 PM
still got to have crossmember 240 from bmr,drive shaft 350 from spohn,shifter 200 from ? & converter for the glide 6-900.....thinkn of takeing up golf lol..........

SHIT MY DAD HAS 2-4k tied up in his clubs alone lol. I think it was 65k to join Squire Creek in Ruston....and god knows how much a yr in member fees, and a membership a East Ridge in shreveport its $70 just for green fees just to play a round lol fuck that shit!! I wish he gave me the 65k and i would give him a feather and we both would be tickled lol!!

Cold06
03-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Spend 1800 on a FLT stage 4 like I have or spend 3k on the stage 7 and rock that shit I love my trans! 15k hard ass miles and still snapping necks, I breaks loose bad @ the track on the 1-2 shift with my buddy driving it!

brett walker
03-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Are you done yet....are you done yet....are you done yet? LOL!

Lol, hopefully i'll have it done by the weekend.

Lacajun
03-24-2011, 07:57 AM
SHIT MY DAD HAS 2-4k tied up in his clubs alone lol. I think it was 65k to join Squire Creek in Ruston....and god knows how much a yr in member fees, and a membership a East Ridge in shreveport its $70 just for green fees just to play a round lol fuck that shit!! I wish he gave me the 65k and i would give him a feather and we both would be tickled lol!!

Talking put-put golf here :D

Hilton
03-24-2011, 09:42 AM

"Who is yo daddy, and what does he do"

I bet our fathers know each other. Mine plays at Squire Creek too.

SIC LSX
03-24-2011, 11:14 AM

i say glide!!! your nitrous will love it! there is a chance u may loose a little bit on 60ft if u dont have right gear/stall combo with the glide almost being like a th350 with no 1st gear. buddy tj didn't loose anything he get 1.3 60ft all day long on 275/60 dr with 408ci lsx 510whp motor iroc 3,300lbs had a th350 and went 6.38 1/8 mile. We put a glide in it with same stall and went 6.26 1/8th mile. BTW he picked up half of a sec with the th350 over the stage 3 4l60 that was in it. th350 and glide not only weigh a lot less but shift so much better. Hell the glide i held up without jack while he put the bolts in. lol only thing i would check into is if your car is to heavy for a glide. if your car is to heavy then got th400

Powerglide light weight,fastest but weight can be a factor
th350 slower then a glide but faster then th400 but can only handle so much power
th400 strongest,,heavy and will handle anything u throw at it!

all faster then 4l60

01ssreda4
03-24-2011, 01:19 PM
I was listening until the last line.....then I realized it was all crap.

brett walker
03-24-2011, 01:51 PM
I was listening until the last line.....then I realized it was all crap.

Uh oh let the battle of the transmissions begin !!!:engarde: Lol

MCBRIZ28
03-24-2011, 01:58 PM
If you are dead set against a 4l60e at the power level you have in sig I would say turbo 400. Most likely you are at least 3500 lbs a glide is not going to like that with the power you make would have to get a fairly steep rear gear with a stall in the 5000 rpm plus range not real street friendly and would need a very good trans cooler or two to keep trans temp down.

Johnny-LT1-runner
03-24-2011, 02:18 PM
I'll add to the fight. We don't know if or when an auto will give out. It's always a game of chance. It gets expensive when we loose.

Now a manual, you buy a clutch, you KNOW it will eventually need to be replaced. Over, and over, and over...
:poke:

SIC LSX
03-24-2011, 02:53 PM
I have 130k super hard speed shifting miles on my original trans and many 1.6-1.8 60ft and only one clutch swap. :) my car is 12 years old on one clutch swap clutch and i beat the hell out of it! yes its due for a new one but it should be lol

his car make much more the 413whp that im sure was on a unlock converter and maybe slipping trans lol! i think he has a built stoker, AFR heads, cam, FAst intake and N20. i would say with his is more like 460-480whp and on spray around 550-600+ depending on how much he wants to spray.

I go off what ive seen with over 15 years of messing with these cars. Not what i read or hear on the internet. from what i said u can get it to work it just wont last to any real power

SIC LSX
03-24-2011, 03:03 PM
If you are dead set against a 4l60e at the power level you have in sig I would say turbo 400. Most likely you are at least 3500 lbs a glide is not going to like that with the power you make would have to get a fairly steep rear gear with a stall in the 5000 rpm plus range not real street friendly and would need a very good trans cooler or two to keep trans temp down.

yeah i think he is to heavy for a glide. his car looked heavy when i saw it at Halloween race lastyear

Swerve7rpm2000
03-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Ask Fred flinstone what kinda tranny he had! I just realized how long my sig list was haha

SIC LSX
03-24-2011, 04:34 PM
lol. nice sig

I mean who cares if i like them or not ya know. I dont have or like something because you do or someone else dose. I dont look down on anyone that likes them :) I have just never cared for a 4l60 or a 700r4

Cold06
03-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Talking put-put golf here :D

lolz hahaha:chug:

Cold06
03-24-2011, 05:09 PM
"Who is yo daddy, and what does he do"

I bet our fathers know each other. Mine plays at Squire Creek too.

Rickey Huckaby co-owner of R&R Drilling LLC

Cold06
03-24-2011, 05:19 PM
lol. nice sig

I mean who cares if i like them or not ya know. I dont have or like something because you do or someone else dose. I dont look down on anyone that likes them :) I have just never cared for a 4l60 or a 700r4

I promise no one has noticed your hate for 4l60's........lol....every time the name 4l60 has shown up here come Dan and his 4lshitty comments lol for the love of god we know you hate them. I know I can pick up .5-1.0 sec if i swap to a A3 but I drive 80+ mph on the hwy and I like my 23mpg. If I lived in shreveport I could swing it but Im 90 miles away

SIC LSX
03-24-2011, 05:43 PM
I promise no one has noticed your hate for 4l60's........lol....every time the name 4l60 has shown up here come Dan and his 4lshitty comments lol for the love of god we know you hate them. I know I can pick up .5-1.0 sec if i swap to a A3 but I drive 80+ mph on the hwy and I like my 23mpg. If I lived in shreveport I could swing it but Im 90 miles away

if its a DD i say 4l80 :) i only say use the others if it isnt a dd. i only comment on the guys post that are making good power and have broken them and neither of them are DD cars :) If its a low hp car 4l60 is fine and will get you by just fine.

Lacajun
03-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Too heavy....only 2 gears...not enough hp....no OD ... it will slow u down that settles it ...glide it shall be......we slall see... best 60 ft to date 1.63... best et to date 11.73...car is a pig and so am I 3700 +

Glide is= lighter ....robs less hp....smaller/easyer to install....tougher than a Th350 and 4LSHTY.Mine has a ultra bell and a pro brake.......If I didn't have a glide already a TH400 would be a no brainer.I will do the glide for ALL of US here in the SHREVEPORT CREW because WE need to know for ALL of OUR benefit....ALL,US,SHREVEPORT CREW,WE,ALL,OUR BENEFIT.........................
SO WHO WANTS TO HELP!!!! :nod:

Lacajun
03-24-2011, 06:52 PM
9 Second Club

Trader Rating: 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacajun
I have a built 408 w/AFR heads....prob around 500 rwhp....removed the front sway bar and added some CE rear drag shocks last thurs. Took it out for a test drive before loading it on trailer friday(was about to go to the track for test and tune night) The car hooked way better....the third time I tried it the 4l60 broke.@#$#@# Anyway I have a built glide in my shop that was left over from my old school nova I sold (se my albums) It has a brake & I would like to put it in the Z28....cant find any threads about swaping to a glide...do you run 1....if so how hard is the swap....and does anybody make a crossmember for a glide...also do you think it will hurt my et....car is about 3800 lbs w/me in it.....thanks

Bolts right up... Need shifter, crossmember,
Converter and maybe new flywheel but after breaking 5 4l60's I switched and glad I did.
We made our own crossmember but someone probably makes one. Madman maybe?
Will only slow it down if the converter is wrong.

Thanks to Applied Nitrous, Cary @ Mast Motorsports, Billy Briggs, Kooks headers, Madman and Glen Burnie Racing!

I have talked to Yank and a couple other converter builders they say get the right converter and I will be fine

SIC LSX
03-24-2011, 07:02 PM
you will be fine with a well built glide! hell my dad has a 540ci bbc with 300 shot in a 3600lbs g-body over 400 passes on it. So you should be fine

Lacajun
03-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Wasn't sure about my glide....took it on trade when I sold my BBC old school Nova.I took it my trany guru in Ruston he took it apart and put it back together for me for $100 bucks.He told me it was top notch & that he could get me $1800.00 cash for it.He also said he would build me A TH400 for $850.I am going to try the glide.Before the 4LSHTY broke a was thinking of selling my car and starting over w/a gutted roller ...my glide/& a 427....the 4LSHTY has put a kink in those plans lol....wait thats not funny:barf:

Lacajun
03-24-2011, 07:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/hightechcorvette#p/u/0/ki1QrCGfntk

Hilton
03-24-2011, 07:46 PM
:snore:

Cold06
03-24-2011, 07:49 PM

hahaha I wish!!

Swerve7rpm2000
03-24-2011, 08:23 PM
wonder if hes running a 4l60 in that 1,800 hp car dan? haha :punch:

Lacajun
03-24-2011, 08:46 PM
The 4L60E/4L65E may experience an intermittent neutral condition while accelerating from a stop (category one) or while driving (category two).

Category One: Intermittent neutral condition occurs on accel from a stop with the shifter in D4. The neutral may be associated with an engine flare and then a harsh engagement. The Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch should read correct signal "A" High "B" Low "C" Low.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Category One:

Attempt to duplicate the condition and if possible capture a snap shot of the condition with the Tech II or VDR while monitoring the transmission line pressure with a gauge.

The following should be monitored to ensure the PCM is not commanding a higher then first gear start.

The Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch. The correct reading for D4 is as follows:

"A" High "B" Low "C" Low.

VSS should be monitored at stop to ensure that it is reading 0 MPH/RPM

Commanded Gear should be first Solenoid Status "A" on "B" on

Transmission line pressure low during the condition may cause an intermittent loss of pressure and neutral condition

Some customers may describe a launch in a higher then first gear as a neutral due to the greater amount of engine noise associated with the launch and lack of acceleration.

In the event the dealer is unable to duplicate the condition the dealer may consider installing an entire transmission shift cable, inspecting the forward clutch seal/piston and inspect for a broken or missing oil pump spring (two springs on units built 15-DEC-03 or earlier, one spring on units built 16-DEC-03 or later, reference bulletin 04-07-30-006) Installing Transmission Assemblies, Lo Roller and the Forward Sprag have not been proven to be an effective repair.
Ok.....this is what my car is doing..... Intermittent neutral condition occurs on accel from a stop with the shifter in D4

But if I pull it down in 1st and shift it manually it shifts fine up through the gears and back down through the gears w/no slipping.....I just have ingine flare w/no ingagement

cainsw
03-24-2011, 09:20 PM
I go off what we've done in these cars for the last 15 yrs and I'd say pass on a glide (your car is too heavy) th350 and 400 are slower than a 4l60 no matter what guys on here want you believe. Spend your money and build you a 4l60. If you want to drive your car much at all you will not be happy if you go with a glide,350 or 400. I went down this road a couple years ago and it completely ruined my car.

SIC LSX
03-24-2011, 09:40 PM
wonder if hes running a 4l60 in that 1,800 hp car dan? haha :punch:

Lol No from what I saw in his build tread its a m6

brett walker
03-25-2011, 01:34 AM
IDK but Brett's car is a mean mofo with the th400!! 10.10s @ 132

Thanks! If all goes right, and the moons align correctly. When i leave here at 5am I wont have to be until monday/tuesday. So ill be shooting for 9s tomorrow night if I dont have to work!

Brett

Cold06
03-25-2011, 01:39 AM
Thanks! If all goes right, and the moons align correctly. When i leave here at 5am I wont have to be until monday/tuesday. So ill be shooting for 9s tomorrow night if I dont have to work!

Brett

Nice wish I wasnt working nights and I could come spectate, is your car gutted or full interior?

Cold06
03-25-2011, 03:42 AM
Lol No from what I saw in his build tread its a m6

You got a link?

BlueThunder2
03-25-2011, 06:54 AM

LOL! Cold06 wishes that was his.

Cold06
03-25-2011, 07:00 AM

:D when I inherit daddys money ill have one like it....make it 2 haha!!!

Cold06
03-25-2011, 07:01 AM
hahaha I wish!!

I do lolz

SIC LSX
03-25-2011, 09:22 AM

In forced induction section. That car is sick

Lacajun
03-25-2011, 10:23 AM
@ Porformance Automotive and Trans on Texas st.Just talked to him about putting in the glide or a TH400.He said he would do it for $350.:nod: He also said they build converters there.....anybody used one of his ??

Swerve7rpm2000
03-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Cajun I have a 2200 stall for a 350 or 400 it's fresh too! 100$ Midwest brand which is what patc builds

Swerve7rpm2000
03-25-2011, 10:56 AM
I also know there primary builders up there real well, the main builder left and open a shop next-door

SIC LSX
03-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Anyone need a cat back or borla catback???

MAC off road y-pipe that bolts up to manifolds off of a 1999 seen here in great shape
http://treperformance.com/i-125909-98-99-ls1-off-road-y-pipe-to-stock-headers.html
$100obo

Borla cat back in good shape will need to be welded back on. Seen here
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQChevroletQQCamaroQQBorlaQQExhaust_SystemQQ199820 02QQB2514813.html?apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&apwid93puykq
$350 obo

both came off the car today when i install headers and tsp 3" y and magnaflow bullet. Andy is ready to move these. Its a damn good deal!!

AndyIsLost
03-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Anyone need a cat back or borla catback???

MAC off road y-pipe that bolts up to manifolds off of a 1999 seen here in great shape
http://treperformance.com/i-125909-98-99-ls1-off-road-y-pipe-to-stock-headers.html
$100obo

Borla cat back in good shape will need to be welded back on. Seen here
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQChevroletQQCamaroQQBorlaQQExhaust_SystemQQ199820 02QQB2514813.html?apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&apwid93puykq
$350 obo

both came off the car today when i install headers and tsp 3" y and magnaflow bullet. Andy is ready to move these. Its a damn good deal!!

What he said, they're taking up a lot of space in the apartment. Girlfriend is angry about me modding car today must not remind her with a borla in the middle of my room.

Lacajun
03-25-2011, 07:26 PM
But check out the driver....

http://www.youtube.com/user/hightechcorvette#p/u/1/_9Hjz7pbTEk

01ssreda4
03-25-2011, 07:49 PM
I like this supra video better

http://www.streetfire.net/video/new-supra-6spd-record-8041852_200529.htm

01ssreda4
03-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Fast forward to 2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V40VjVlSBg&eurl=http://my350z.com/forum/lounge-off-topic/402928-guy-dives-into-lake-but-finds-ice.html

Swerve7rpm2000
03-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Roflmfao!!! I wonder what her next song will be about? Ass on Da Floor?? lol

Lacajun
03-25-2011, 08:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb9bsy0DOR0

Swerve7rpm2000
03-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey cajun your pm box is full, send me your number and ill call ya in the morning, ill be at his house tomorrow building my trans crossmember

mconway68w
03-26-2011, 05:58 AM
Decided to build my own short block. 6.0 iron block, 408 fully forged rotating assembly, balanced. Other than correctly boring the block, what else do I need for the assembly and swap? The

Lacajun
03-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Hey cajun your pm box is full, send me your number and ill call ya in the morning, ill be at his house tomorrow building my trans crossmember

PM'd u my #

01ssreda4
03-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Decided to build my own short block. 6.0 iron block, 408 fully forged rotating assembly, balanced. Other than correctly boring the block, what else do I need for the assembly and swap? The

If you are asking this question then you don't need to attempt this. Let a qualified machinist build your rotating assembly.

Paul87
03-26-2011, 11:07 AM
i got a few things i'm looking to sell if anyone is interested... UMI bolt in tubular subframe connectors $140, and full set of front and rear Biltstein HD shocks $390, both unused.

also looking to get my boxed subframe connectors welded in, tighten up headers and replace my Corsa catback with a SLP LM i got sitting in my appartment. to be perfectly honest, i don't feel like dealing with it myself lol... anyone wanna take care of these things for me? i'll pay you or provide beer or whatever.

also interested in selling that Corsa catback... still have the warranty slip for it so you could prob submit for a warranty like its new... only been used since june of last year. thinking like $800?

mconway68w
03-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm having the block machined and ordering a balanced rotating assembly. How is a machinist needed beyond boring?

mconway68w
03-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Unless paying extra for Texas Speed to balance the assembly is a bad idea and it should be balanced with the block.

SIC LSX
03-26-2011, 12:37 PM
just make sure or do your block first b4 u order pistons

mconway68w
03-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Any idea what a machine shop would charge to bore and assemble the short block if I provide all the parts?

SIC LSX
03-26-2011, 03:37 PM
U can also use build 370 pistons l save u some money. Use stock crank and get some rods and pistons. Turbos love 370s

01ssreda4
03-26-2011, 04:54 PM
They dont charge much to assemble a shortblock, its worth it IMO. Thats one of the most pricey things in your entire car if you have a failure relating to improper assembly.

mconway68w
03-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Seems like a good deal to have em do it. Only looking at 2500-3000 in parts. Then whatever machine work cost. A fully built 408 for just over 3k sounds pretty sweet.

SIC LSX
03-26-2011, 08:05 PM
B4 u start look at this. They also built a 390ci Turbo motor. Friend just installed one of there motors and is running damn good.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/1332164-427-iron-block-stroker-3599-a.html

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1359652-aes-390ci-now-callies-dragonslayer-crankshaft.html

Cold06
03-26-2011, 08:12 PM
B4 u start look at this. They also built a 390ci Turbo motor. Friend just installed one of there motors and is running damn good.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/1332164-427-iron-block-stroker-3599-a.html

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1359652-aes-390ci-now-callies-dragonslayer-crankshaft.html

Thats were Im getting my stroker from!:D

Swerve7rpm2000
03-26-2011, 08:19 PM
I had all my machine work done on mine then i put it together, the machinist will need your Pistons, Rods, Rings, Crank.... let them get the bearings and install them for ya and assemble the rods to the pistons, gap rings, install cam bearings in the block along with crank bearings.....you can even choose to gap your own rings if you want...I have a book i used to double check everything and how to do it too!! Only reason i went this route is because i was new to LS style motors and wanted to know the ins and outs of it.....If you want some help assembeling it i will gladly help you, i have a nice clean ac/heated shop for it to sit in while you get your parts together and the time to do it

SIC LSX
03-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Just don't forget the little things that add up. Good around rod bolts, arp head studs, gaskets the little things can add up

Cold06
03-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Just don't forget the little things that add up. Good around rod bolts, arp head studs, gaskets the little things can add up

Fast:bang:

blue98Z
03-27-2011, 03:26 AM
Haven't been around much lately but a GREAT woman and a new project will do that.

This was my Harley when I first got it in december 2010:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/Blue98z/1999%20Harley%20Davidson%20Dyna%20Super%20Glide/f1a30538-1.jpg

Now it looks like this:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/Blue98z/1999%20Harley%20Davidson%20Dyna%20Super%20Glide/DSC00424-1.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/Blue98z/1999%20Harley%20Davidson%20Dyna%20Super%20Glide/DSC00425-1.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/Blue98z/1999%20Harley%20Davidson%20Dyna%20Super%20Glide/DSC00423-1.jpg

I raked it 5* which dropped the front approximately 2" and then I powder coated the triple trees and lower tubes. New exhaust, license plate relocation. I did a Wide Glide conversion basically with some added touches.

Now I'm getting back on the car very soon. New hood, clutch, and 9" are in the works along with a new paint job this winter hopefully. Maybe some other stuff :secret2:

Cold06
03-27-2011, 04:50 AM
Nice!

Johnny-LT1-runner
03-27-2011, 07:14 AM

That shit aint even funny, somehow all the little BS items you don't even think about end up costing more than the long block.

brett walker
03-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Nice wish I wasnt working nights and I could come spectate, is your car gutted or full interior?

It still has power windows, door panels, but it has lightweight carpet, no ac, and two kirkeys. Its not really gutted, but not full interior lol. (ok its kinda gutted) lol

Brett

Cold06
03-27-2011, 05:34 PM
It still has power windows, door panels, but it has lightweight carpet, no ac, and two kirkeys. Its not really gutted, but not full interior lol. (ok its kinda gutted) lol

Brett

haha :usa:

BadAssBowties
03-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Anyone have a 98-02 f-body alt. bracket they would get rid of?

Swerve7rpm2000
03-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Nobody in town with some 15x10" rims w/ 5 on 5 lug pattern!!!???!!? Sure thought id be able to find some by now, i got some mt et's and no wheels! lol

AndyIsLost
03-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Got my headers installed friday and they're awesome!! Pacesetter 1 3/4's, TSP ORY, Magnaflow bullet. I was on the fence about the magnaflow because of how quiet their catbacks are but damn it sounds good. Dan installed everything for me for cheap too, everyone talks about how hard sliding headers in is but he just put them up there no problem. Sounds tame but strong and is louder than my last setup! if you're on the fence about getting ORY for stock manifolds only get it if they're used and cheap. (like mine hint hint) but LT's = sex. If you need parts installed Dan's your guy he knows his shit

btw Dan i'll be calling you to install SFC's and LCA's soon hopefully.:devil:

Shutdown Theory
03-28-2011, 04:27 PM
check this out....awesome!!!!

i think we can get something like this going at a local shirt place if theres enough interest....

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-members/1402197-ocmd-im-here-stang-bang-tshirts.html

ren987
03-28-2011, 04:38 PM
That shirt is awesome!

Hilton
03-28-2011, 06:08 PM
I would have LOVED that shirt when I was 15!

brett walker
03-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Got my headers installed friday and they're awesome!! Pacesetter 1 3/4's, TSP ORY, Magnaflow bullet. I was on the fence about the magnaflow because of how quiet their catbacks are but damn it sounds good. Dan installed everything for me for cheap too, everyone talks about how hard sliding headers in is but he just put them up there no problem. Sounds tame but strong and is louder than my last setup! if you're on the fence about getting ORY for stock manifolds only get it if they're used and cheap. (like mine hint hint) but LT's = sex. If you need parts installed Dan's your guy he knows his shit

btw Dan i'll be calling you to install SFC's and LCA's soon hopefully.:devil:

Is it dumped or out the back ?

SIC LSX
03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Dumped. Sounds like duals with less weight and flows just as good.

01ssreda4
03-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Dumped. Sounds like duals with less weight and flows just as good.

Single 3 inch flows as good as dual 3 inch :nono:

What's the inside of the merge look like? :thinker:

brett walker
03-29-2011, 02:53 AM
I want to run true duals like this setup. Question, is running these bullet mufflers almost like running straights ?

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t314/ivory_bradford/22099860208_large.jpg

'' Ivory "

01ssreda4
03-29-2011, 09:36 AM
^^^yes they are.

Shutdown Theory
03-29-2011, 09:44 AM
^^^yes they are.

do you mean it sounds like its a straight pipe??

AndyIsLost
03-29-2011, 11:05 AM
do you mean it sounds like its a straight pipe??

He means flow, I believe.

SIC LSX
03-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Single 3 inch flows as good as dual 3 inch :nono:

What's the inside of the merge look like? :thinker:

once again dyno tested and track test on a few cars! true duals are not faster then a good y-ypipe with a one bullet and dump. you have less pipe, less weight and make the same power with y/bullet setup! One of my good friends had a y-pipe, bullet ,dump. He Wanted true duals i told him it would slow down because ive seen it a few times on customers cars. So he got TSP true duals and guess what his car was a tenth slower! He was pissed off so old setup back on and got his tenth back. his car was a 408ci 520whp motor.

ren987
03-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I want to run true duals like this setup. Question, is running these bullet mufflers almost like running straights

'' Ivory "

This is pretty much the exact way my exhaust is set up. 3in duals through bullets terminating right bf the rear end. I have nothing to compare them to but when my car had stock manifolds on it and i switched to the pacesetters/duals it picked up 5mph in the 1000 ft

edit: the set up is pretty loud you would not want to take a 3 hr road trip, but it is much better than open headers!

BlueThunder2
03-29-2011, 03:31 PM
once again dyno tested and track test on a few cars! true duals are not faster then a good y-ypipe with a one bullet and dump. you have less pipe, less weight and make the same power with y/bullet setup! One of my good friends had a y-pipe, bullet ,dump. He Wanted true duals i told him it would slow down because ive seen it a few times on customers cars. So he got TSP true duals and guess what his car was a tenth slower! He was pissed off so old setup back on and got his tenth back. his car was a 408ci 520whp motor.

Agreed. GMMG and Vengeance Racing tested cars with 600 ish rwhp. Ran open headers then GMMG exhaust out the tail. Difference of approx 3 hp on multiple vehicles.

I ran cut outs at the track, then closed them and ran the loudmouth. Car ran basically the same.
So, I always tell people, unless they just want the sound of true duals, stick with what is designed for the car.

Here's the mufflex 4" with single hideaway tip through the flowmaster for you. Car runs 10.2x But spun tires and smacked limiter on top end of track for this video, so ran a 10.8x (the second car Blue Thunder)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QijYcW3aU_E

brett walker
03-29-2011, 04:00 PM
I went to lite and they quoted me 260 for the true duals from the headers back with x-pipe and glasspacks dumped. But now i'm thinking about the single dumped......

AndyIsLost
03-29-2011, 04:41 PM
I went to lite and they quoted me 260 for the true duals from the headers back with x-pipe and glasspacks dumped. But now i'm thinking about the single dumped......
Single dumped is the way to go IMO. If you want to hear my setup in person feel free to ask.

brett walker
03-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Single dumped is the way to go IMO. If you want to hear my setup in person feel free to ask.

Hells yea I would love to b4 I get it done, sending you a pm.

cainsw
03-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I know some guys that slowed down going to duals but mine picked up about a .10 and 2 mph going from a ORP/dumped bullet setup to home built x pipe/duals. Not worth all the extra noise though.

Swerve7rpm2000
03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Single exhaust is ok im running one 3 1/2" ;)

brett walker
03-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Yea I think i'm gonna do the single dumped for 80 bucks. I think dumped exhaust sounds really good with a cam, so I plan on going head and seriously doing the cam swap this week or i'll just sell it lol

01ssreda4
03-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Nuff said

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/1331073-speed-inc-tuned-h-c-i-a4-346-495rwhp-426rwtq.html

I wouldn't want that ugly dog ass of a Y pipe on my car. I ditched my true duals a while back in favor of going to a single pipe set-up. But it was a custom Y I put on, not a prefab. The only Y pipe that I know of that uses a good merge is the Mufflex system. But I dont keep up with stuff too much so I'm not 100% on that.

01ssreda4
03-29-2011, 10:35 PM
When I look up the ass end of my Y pipe, oh how I wish I could see this beautifully crafted masterpiece :barf:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/01ssreda4/ymerge.jpg

SIC LSX
03-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Shit what y pipe is that pacesetter? Why u get a tsp ypipe or flowmaster y and build your own.

SIC LSX
03-30-2011, 12:53 AM
BTW me and Andy had same exhaust but I have a 231/237 cam. It sounds better if u go with a magnaflow bullet over a glasspack, dynomax bullet. Help get rid of rasp

01ssreda4
03-30-2011, 02:28 AM
I actually think lots of prefab Ys are like that just no one really looks inside them. My car had one similar to that when I bought it, the merge was terrible on it. I never looked inside of it though.

AndyIsLost
03-30-2011, 06:53 AM
That looks like ass. The merge on the TSP ORY is art, even the MAC ORY's merge is better than that. I've been trying to find rasp with the new exhaust and have been unable to so far all I hear is awesome.

Hilton
03-30-2011, 07:45 AM
I've been through a bunch of different exhausts.
Now I've got qtp headers and Y pipe, Mufflex 4" catback. It's a little loud, but not terrible.

Previous exhausts:
Stock
Stock with dual dual catback
Flowtech headers and y pipe, (kept dual dual)
GMMG
True duals dumped
True duals under the axle
QTP headers and dual cut out Y pipe, magnaflow catback
Mufflex catback (4")
I think I'm going to keep this setup. I like that the Y goes from 3" inlets to a single 4" outlet (Flowmaster merge), then remains 4" all the way to the back of the car. I have the one with a Spintech muffler, which is a straight through design.
An upper panhard bar relocation bracket makes the 4" pipe fit over the axle.

brett walker
03-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Hmmm I never thought to look at the inside of my Hooker ory, I wonder what it looks like ?

02blackbeauty19
03-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Anyone know a place in town that sells like 1/4" steel plating in small quantities?

01ssreda4
03-30-2011, 01:49 PM
1/4 steel plate isnt expensive. Call around to some of the metal supply houses. A lot of times if you just show up they have scraps that they will pretty much give you. Place I used to work for used the place on Midway a lot. Cant think of the name of it now.

01ssreda4
03-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Diversified metals. 2534 midway ave. Shreveport la

02blackbeauty19
03-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Diversified metals. 2534 midway ave. Shreveport la

Thanks, Steve. Ill give them a try.

Hilton
03-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Talk to Rick Ryland. Tell him Hilton says hi.

BadAssBowties
03-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Got the dash and gauges in the truck today.

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp63/BadAssBowties/92%20LSx%20s10/IMAG0228.jpg
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp63/BadAssBowties/92%20LSx%20s10/IMAG0229.jpg
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp63/BadAssBowties/92%20LSx%20s10/IMAG0227.jpg

Need to lower the gauges a little to close the gap at the bottom.

01ssreda4
03-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Looks good shane :thumb:

BadAssBowties
03-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks Steve

blue98Z
03-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Looks good Shane

Been eye ballin a square body myself, but mainly wanting to get a 96-99 vortec 350 to put in my ZR2. The 4.3 just isn't doin it for me.

BadAssBowties
03-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Thanks Josh, just let me know what you end up doing. Ive done several v8 s10 swaps.

blue98Z
03-31-2011, 12:22 AM
I just need to get my hands on a motor. I've read up on what is involved on keeping it EFI and it's fairly simple. So simple I wished I woulda waited but got pressed for time and opted for the 4.3. It only has 5500 miles on it and is bone stock. May try a tune with intake and full exhaust. Not lookin for a race truck, but I miss the torque.

BadAssBowties
03-31-2011, 07:58 AM
There is a vortec on craigslist now. Im not sure how complete it is but its worth calling about.

brett walker
03-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Andy's single maganflow bullet pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruB-EHz3cfI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njlUtNJbvPc&feature=related

02blackbeauty19
03-31-2011, 08:40 AM
I have a good 5.3L iron block with crank, front and rear covers, cam, crank pulley for cheap if anyone wants it.

I also have the 5.3L truck intake/fuel rail/injectors and a good water pump off the engine that needs to go, too.

01ssreda4
03-31-2011, 08:57 AM
PM me with what you want for the 5.3.

SIC LSX
03-31-2011, 09:41 AM

Nice! :)

SIC LSX
03-31-2011, 09:44 AM

Nice! :) glad he likes it!

BadAssBowties
03-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Im also interested in the 5.3 and water pump. I have a intake already.

BadAssBowties
03-31-2011, 11:42 AM
Must be Steve at the end of the 2nd video. lol

BlueThunder2
03-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Good job. Sounds good.

brett walker
03-31-2011, 12:21 PM
Nice! :) glad he likes it!

Yea Dan he made me a believer lol. I got mines done yesterday but with a 12'' glasspack and doesn't even come close to that magnaflow so I will be getting one asap.

02blackbeauty19
03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
I responded to Steve's PM's.
Shane, just shoot me a PM with what you're interested in and a reasonable offer and we can go from there.

AndyIsLost
03-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Yea Dan he made me a believer lol. I got mines done yesterday but with a 12'' glasspack and doesn't even come close to that magnaflow so I will be getting one asap.

:biggrinan video sounds better on my home speakers! Love this new exhaust, felt/heard the car start up through a wall at the firestone at the shoppette.

01ssreda4
03-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Must be Steve at the end of the 2nd video. lol

Not a part of any videos recently :judge:

Swerve7rpm2000
03-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Sounds like NASCAR!!! Hmm that looks like clyde fant! I need to get some fly by vids someday soon

AndyIsLost
03-31-2011, 10:00 PM
I'd love to hear that truck!

Also selling my borla catback so low I don't even want to say price, I'll include the ORY for stock manifolds too pm me

BadAssBowties
03-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Im looking for a camaro body. Would like a 98-02. Just need a straight body. I would take a 93-97 if one comes up.