Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory and Swap Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessory and Swap Questions?

Alright heres the story.....Working with a Lq4 6.0 motor swapd into a thirdgen!!

Im swaping over all the accessories and just have a few questions! Everything im swaping over is from a 98 Ls1...

First, the oil pan.....This is a direct swap bolt on correct? I ordered a new GM 98 Ls1 oil pan/windage/pickup so i can put it in.....Am i missing anything else?

Second, The accessories..... I bought a new PSP w/ brackets, cranck pulley, alt w/ brackets , tensioner, w/p all from a 98 ls1........Will i run into any clearences or issues bolting it up? does this swap right over?

Also, i dont know if this is the right section but im wanting to do a stock cam swap....Meaning a cam from a Z06 or Ls7!

Which would work better w/o spending alot of money? I just want a little more power outta the motor w/o spending 400$! Im also using a th350 with a 3000-3200 stall!!

Is the ls7 cam too much? Or will it not work? If i swap a Z06 cam, do i have to swap over the pushrods and springs?

Please any help and feed back would be greatly appriciated!! Im a newb when it comes to Ls series motors and what will work with what!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

YOU will have to drill one hole in the iron block for the alt. to work. It will have 2 bolts already in and you just drill the 3rd one . should not be bad.

all else should be fine.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AINT SKEERED
YOU will have to drill one hole in the iron block for the alt. to work. It will have 2 bolts already in and you just drill the 3rd one . should not be bad.

all else should be fine.
Thanks!!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i did not drill the 3rd hole and the alt will not move at all. mine has been that way for 6 months. its only needed for peace of mind.