Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Power steering frustrations..lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering frustrations..lol

So I posted a thread in the general maintenance section and didn't really get any responses. I have a new question though.

On the front of the rack, there are two (smaller) hard lines running from the passenger side of the rack back to the gearbox. The upper line of those two is leaking really bad on my car. I pulled the line and there was a horribly eaten O-ring on it.

I called the dealership and they gave me the wrong ones(for the bigger lines going to the pump). I called the local auto parts stores, they don't have anything. I called the dealership back and they told me there is no part number showing where the line goes into the housing. I tried putting in some standard automotive O-rings and they didn't seal at all.

I need to know if there is supposed to be a seal there. If there is, wtf should I tell the dealership to get them to order some. I have been going round and round for 2 weeks with this ****. I tried varying tightness with the plain O-rings and that didn't help either. I don't want to crack open the one that is not leaking if I don't have to. I would hate for it to start too. I feel like a ******* moron being defeated by a seal. This thing should be ~ 1/4 in fyi.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if there is a seal there? I know someone here has taken it apart...