Armed forces come in here, or anyone who has gone through rush.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Armed forces come in here, or anyone who has gone through rush.

Well this weekend is our hell weekend, any ideas to defend against cold and any ideas to defend against the minds games would be amazingly appreciated. also, any ideas on what i could say to the pledge brothers to help their spirits. share your experiences with what you went through. all comments are greatly appreciated.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

i just got out of the army. i was in for 4 and a half years. for the cold, i would wear a jacket. haha. just dont let them break you. never accept defeat and never give up. its mind over matter. they dont mind and you dont matter. good luck brother.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
12 Second Club

just suck it up... keep putting out.

When do i know when its too much? "when you die, you did too much..."
Old 02-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Teching In

What fraternity are you rushing?

Well they will probably take your jacket, but in reality it probably won't be as bad as you think it will be. Just remember to have fun, and initiation is right around the corner.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:47 AM
Banned

Lol it's not that damn cold outside! Try being outside at 0530 in early january and them telling you to take everything off but your t shirt and shorts cause your going for a 3 mile run!!!
And on the not letting them break you thing, just take everything they say and laugh about it on the inside. Cause why should you let it bother you that someone wants to be a dick? Dont let it! Find a way to make everything they say to you funny on the inside thats what I did in basic and ait.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought you went to a quiet Baptist University or the like. Suprised they even have greek life, even more surprised they haze *****!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Regular

Make it look like you are having the time of your life. Thats what my platoon did in basic, our Drill soon made our "smoking" sessions a little more tolerable whereas the other platoons would bitch and complain only to get it worse. These guys are making sure that you are willing to go thru what they did, if you act like a ***** and complain they are more than likely to focus on you. On the other side, if you act like you love every minute of it, it becomes harder to "torture" you.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:41 AM
10-Second Club

Ok, I'm missing something, what does fraternity rush have to do with armed forces? You in the core at A&M or something? Basic training wasn't any fraternity life....it was ***** out every morning, there were no college Mary Rottencrotch's to bang on the weekends....just ugly smelly guys farting & snoring up a storm in your 8 man room, lol.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:44 AM
10-Second Club

Oh, and for surviving anything, it's always your own will that will be tested. Just remember in a short time it will be over. If you aren't dead or disabled, just block it out & think of something else if you are doing PT or something. I don't see how the pussies dropped out of our road marches when I was in basic. There were guys that were in way better shape than me & did better on their PT tests, but I was one of the few that would move up in formation & be right behind the drill sgt. Putting one foot in front of the other, then let your mind wonder & think about other things. You will also feel a lot better if you don't cop out or quit....
Old 02-14-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

Hellweek has been compared to basic training several times. I have several friends that have rushed and all of them have looked like I did after our "sleep deprivation" phase of basic after hellweek.