General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Body shop guys please come in, or GM Body shop guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Body shop guys please come in, or GM Body shop guys

Get a call at 6:30 that my fiance, who was "only driving my car because she forgot to put gas in her car this morning" ( x infinity ) had slid off the road into a ditch in the SS. (snowed its *** off very quickly and as the temp dropped at sundown black ice was covered up by a dusting) Rear slammed into the ditch. The lower fascia is intact but it is sagging on one side, the CME is toast though bent all to hell and the middle brace is busted in half. Don't know what the Ipipe and Ypipe look like. After getting it out i drove it home, rear doesn't wiggle so i think frame is ok.

I'm taking it to the dealership near me that insurance will guarantee work through, what I'm worried about is the fact that I hear you can't get the CME anymore or the fascia. The fascia seems fine but will need to be remounted, the piping is destroyed though. My deductible is only 200 so its not that big of a hit but I'm just worried that they wont be able to put humpty dumpty back together again the same way because of lack of parts. Anyone know if since its a GM dealership they can get the original parts? I'm calm now and she was fine but I'm still pissed inside.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Need some pics to tell you anything. Even at that it's a guess.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

ouch. pics please. i can't believe your wife just went ahead and took it! i know she called and all, but still! she called after she already had taken it! i dont mean to add fuel to the fire here but
Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Launching!

I am taking it to the dealership here in a few. I'll try to take pics with my phone and post later. Yeah she took it i knew about it but it was HORRIBLE **** POOR JUDGEMENT CALL going down back roads in it. She is perm banned from the car i told her dont even look at it.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SupermanSS
She is perm banned from the car i told her dont even look at it.
That, sir, is the best mod you could ever do to your car.

I'm interested in the pics too.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Launching!

I would look into other body shops. Find a good place that focus solely on body work.

I made the mistake of giving too much credit to my dealership body shop and had to take it back in after their first attempt because they put most of it on wrong, and I still have had problems with my car ever since. This happened in 2005 and being in college I still have to take my car to a real body shop to check over the dealership's work, specifically things I can't see.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

that sux
Old 02-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

don't know if they make them or not but if they don't they will get you an aftermarket one or even a used one, either of those ways suck. afermarket never wants to fight right and used is well, used
Old 02-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Wow thats a bad deal man but it will be fine.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

so "she" slid into the ditch...jk that sucks though
Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

What's so hard about putting gas in your car? Takes 5 damn minutes. Instead she took a high powered RWD car to work probably knowing it was gonna snow? WTF?

So goddamn stupid. Sorry to hear man.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Sorry guys forgot to take pics. I have nationwide insurance which has the blue ribbon service with it which is guaranteed for as long as i own the car so I'm having them take care of it. It's actually not as bad as it looked last night. The passenger side tip did break off at the weld were the stock muffler was they said there was alot of rust so they are going to redo all the piping and get the tips welded back into place. The lower fascia isnt cracked or anything which it looked like it last night. The double-sided tape came off though so they are going to remount it. Also where the front bumper was scraped from the cable they are replacing the whole front clip and it wasnt really that bad so i cant complain it was knicked up anyways from wear and tear.

But i will let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks for the kind words guys.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SupermanSS
I am taking it to the dealership here in a few. I'll try to take pics with my phone and post later. Yeah she took it i knew about it but it was HORRIBLE **** POOR JUDGEMENT CALL going down back roads in it. She is perm banned from the car i told her dont even look at it.
you TELL HER!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nickstock98t/a
you TELL HER!
lol
Old 02-22-2008, 08:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my wife knows not to drive my car ...not that she cant but that she is under no circumstances allowed to drive/ wash/wax/buff/add fuel anything to my formula...