Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need your opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your opinions

I want to know which shocks are better. QA1's or Koni's? Which performs the best and which has the best ride? Your opinions are greatly appreciated and this will determine which takes the place og KYB AGX's. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Depends on what you want the car to do. Define your mission, then search the forum for advice.

My 95 has Koni 4/4s and SLP Eibach springs; it turns in and responds through the middle of a turn better than I thought any car could. Its not a daily driver, but I wouldn't hesitate to make it one. I'm more concerned with turns and real-world road performance than anything, and the Konis just flat-out ROCK.

QA1s, AFAIK, are primarily drag shocks...if thats what you're after, they're great, but I have no idea about day-to-day performance, though.

I'd recommend calling Sam Strano and telling him what you've got and what you want...he knows his poop, for sure.

Byrdman
Old 02-21-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm kind of in the same boat.. I also am shopping for a shock/spring combo Ive been told if you want to have your kidneys punched everytime you go over a pothole get the Bilstein/Eibach combo, but thats the last thing I want.

I do drive this car at least once everyday...normally so the best combo people have or know about would be great.