Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parts list for V6 5 Speed car to LS2 Auto!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default parts list for V6 5 Speed car to LS2 Auto!!!!

I need a complete list of things i would need. Would a ls1 harness work with the extensions or better off getting a ls2 harness, k-member, crossmembers for tranny, any other stuff just list me all of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up DO IT!!! 6 to 8, you'll appriciate

Did the V6 5spd to LS1 A4 in mine, All the swap parts came off of 98 trans am that got rear ended. heres wut i can tell ya on a swap.

Entire LS harness, basically headlight to taillight (find V8 parts car)
PCM for LS Auto if you get V8 6spd, you can get it re programmed
K-member is the same its the V8 suspension thats diffrent i believe
Fuel lines, gas tank W the V8 fuel pump(fuel lines and pressure diffrent)
Rear end- V8 rear so you dont have a "1 wheeled wonder" and i think ABS and the wiring is little diffrent
Convert the pedal assemly, speedo, shifter(sucks cuz u have a big hole now)
A4 crossmember
radiator, cooler lines
Wiring is not as bad as u would think, if the pigtail doesnt fit = its wrong and more than likely will only plug into 1 wire which is right
The rest of the stuff is all bolt in! easy
If You do the swap your self you will take your whole car apart like the pic of mine "Stripped" But you will know every bolt and wire... which is never a bad thing!

My 2 cents, take your time and look for a good totaled Fbody, Camaro or Bird doesnt matter. Payed 2 grand for this car , front clip perfect! interior flawless! tons of good parts. Peicing together is a pain and some times is alot of money
Attached Thumbnails parts list for V6 5 Speed car to LS2 Auto!!!!-p1011589.jpg   parts list for V6 5 Speed car to LS2 Auto!!!!-p1011572.jpg   parts list for V6 5 Speed car to LS2 Auto!!!!-p1011581.jpg   parts list for V6 5 Speed car to LS2 Auto!!!!-p1011611.jpg   parts list for V6 5 Speed car to LS2 Auto!!!!-p1011459.jpg  

parts list for V6 5 Speed car to LS2 Auto!!!!-stripped.jpg   parts list for V6 5 Speed car to LS2 Auto!!!!-motor.jpg  
Old 06-05-2008, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1 wheel wonder?

I want to do the same swap but by what do you mean the "1 wheel wonder?"

when i do burnouts with my camro 1998 v6 i leave 2 marks. If soemone could explain id appreciate it.

Quick Reply: parts list for V6 5 Speed car to LS2 Auto!!!!