General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

odd engine stutter

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odd engine stutter

hey everybody, ive been having a little trouble out of my z and i was wondering if u could tell me what may be wrong
just a little background on the car: its a 2000 model z28, automatic, and it just rolled over 100000 miles

its got a weird... miss i guess i could call it, and it usually starts at about 2500 rpm, but it will do it all the time between 2000 and 3000 if im accelerating. what makes it odd to me is that its only between 2000 and 3000, if i get on it, it sputters through that range then as soon as its out of that its fine and runs great. it doesnt do it in neutral, its worst in second, which makes me think its fuel related because it does it most when under a load.

i havent scanned it recently, ill do that tomorrow, i just replaced the head gaskets on it because i had a leak, along with a pvc hose so i cleared the engine light and it hasnt come back on, but i still notice that weird miss. the gaskets and pvc help it alot, the car would barely accelerate before and my codes said random miss and both banks were lean.

does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?
any help is appreciated
thanks, mark
Old 02-28-2008, 07:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it helps any more, it doesnt do it when its cold, but the longer i drive it the worse it gets