Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Heads...Step Inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Heads...Step Inside

Alright, I've came to the point to where I'm ready to do a set of heads and maybe a fast 92/92 combo. Currently, I have added the following already and would like your input on a set of heads to maximize my combo for the most power:
  • LG Pro Long Tube Headers (No Cats)
  • LG G5x4 Cam
  • Textralia OZ700 Clutch, New Pilot & Throwout Bearing (Billet Steel Flywheel)
  • New OEM Master Cylinder
  • New Slave Cylinder
  • Vararam VR2B Intake
  • Carbon Fiber Z06 Air Bridge
  • Powerbond 25% Underdrive Pulley
  • Bosch SVO 30lb Injectors
  • 7.40 Hardened Push Rods
  • PRC Spring Kit ( Titanium Retainers, Seats, Seals, and Locks. Springs rated to a 660 Lift)
  • LS2 Timing Chain Set
  • Ported LS6 Oil Pump
  • 180* Thermostat
  • Ported Stock TB

The car makes EXCELLENT power as it sits but it still isn't enough. At Vengeance it put down 451hp/418tq. I had it dyno'd this past weekend at MPH Performance with the factory Ti catback and it made 440hp/428tq. So, for a cam only car I'd say it's pretty healthy. Now onto heads. I know the AFR's and Trickflow's are amongst the more popular ones but I'm interested in honest non-biased opinions here. I would like to break 500 with a set of heads and maybe a fast 92/92 combo, or would an LS2 intake and 90mm TB suite me equally for less. I'm completely new to NA applications and I'm clueless when it comes to cc's of heads and what that means. All help is GREATLY appreciated.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just go back to vengence and tell them the same thing and wooo wooo a little cash and you are their 500hp.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AFR heads are popular with those cams.