Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Umm, damnit? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Umm, damnit? Please help

I just got done rebuilding and replacing the ls1 in my 99 firehawk. The battery is bad, and I tried starting it up with the bad battery and a set of jumpers to my mommy's honda lol, her engine was off and so was mine, i figured it wouldn't be enough power but i tried anyways and it made a wierd clicking sound. I THINK I remember that sound from when my battery was so low it wouldn't even do a slow crank, am I right?

The , i think, alarm, made a pathetic attempt to sound, can that happen from pushing the ignition button in when there is no key?

Lastly, the only scetch wiring in question (hopefully) is this ground strap, its going from the side of the frame with the alternator, sharing a bolt with this little black wire, and then grounding to the engine. Is this right?

Alright I would love any help. I am scared as **** to start it up lol
Old 03-01-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah if it is just clicking that means there isn't enough power to turn the starter.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:02 AM
12 Second Club

You should always have the car you are jumping from running when trying that. If the dead battery is cold or old let it sit hooked up with the other car running for five mins or so before you try starting the dead car