Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil filter question

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 06:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

Default oil filter question

i went to NAPA and got my oil filter today, i think it was a #1042, was for a vette, truck, etc-i am using a cts pan, but figured they should be the same threads on the spin on adapter-it went on the first thread, then got tight-i didnt force it, figured maybe a boggered thread (new pan) there is a nut on the filter adapter, it looks like i could remove it to get a better look at the threads-has anyone removed the filter adapter? or does the cts take a diff thread filter than others? i have a truck pan somewhere, dont think i threw it out, maybe i can just switch the adapters if mine is damaged?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send a PM to CTSmechanic. I'll be he can help. He helped me with an issue a few weeks ago. Good luck.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

found my old truck pan, the adapter just unscrewed, it used an allen wrench on the inside of the adapter, the cts pan adapter had an external nut made on the adapter-the threads were buggered from the factory, tried chasing them, no luck-i matched up the 2 adapters, no diff except how they get tightened, so i screwed the truck one on, spun on the filter, problem solved