42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Cartek clutch VS Textralia oz700

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cartek clutch VS Textralia oz700

well, im getting a new trans from sixspeedinc and im looking at clutches right now. my car is a cam only car for now with a Cartek X3 cam, 9in w/ 4.11, full boltons and suspension. makes 404 rwhp and 370 rwtq. in the future i plan on at least heads maybe a shot too. i currently have a Cartek clutch in the car that the previous owner put in. as far as i know its at least 4 yrs old and has around 30,000 mi on here, i dont know how many passes but im sure its a lot. when i contacted Cartek last week they said that they revised the clutch and it would not be available until mid April. so here is my problem, i can buy a tex now or roll with my curent clutch until may. now i have done a lot of reading on this and one thing i really like about the cartek clutch is the adjustability with there master cylinder and i know for a fact that they last a long time. so what would you do in my situation?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my cartek, its the level 7. Im not sure what else is being revised. Mine has been taking my constant street abuse and 40 track passes with 5k+ dumps on et-street bias plys with NO slipping.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

T T T
Old 03-06-2008, 07:11 AM
TECH Regular

I guess the question really boils down to how much you like to take the transmission out of the car. If that doesn't bother you, then I'd wait for the Cartek update. There are also a number of low mileage used Cartek clutches out there that you could pick up now, if you're concerned about the miles on the one you have.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, one thing that may figure into your plans is that the Tex Z-grip is not widely available right now. I ordered mine the other night and was told by a couple shops that they were out and that the manufacturer is also out of stock, so it's going to be a while before they get more in. I found one place that had one left, so I grabbed it up.

They DO have the X-grip available, but if you plan on heads and the juice and you race, you're probably going to want the Z-grip.

If you do the clutch swap yourself and don't mind doing it, I say keep the current one in there until it dies. But if it's a big deal to do the swap and you have to get someone else to do it or pay for it, swap out for the Tex if you can get one right now.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had a cartek level 7 explode on me and pretty much destroy the firewall in my vette not a big fan here
Old 03-07-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
i had a cartek level 7 explode on me and pretty much destroy the firewall in my vette not a big fan here
wow that sucks, well i broke down and got the last Tex OZ700 from the ws6store, i hope it is as good if not better than my cartek. thanks for the replys
Old 03-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by styoung
wow that sucks, well i broke down and got the last Tex OZ700 from the ws6store, i hope it is as good if not better than my cartek. thanks for the replys
Damn you! Lol I talked to mike @ws6store and he said one left on hold.....And if that person didnt buy it I would be next in line...o well
Old 03-08-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by winger4800
Damn you! Lol I talked to mike @ws6store and he said one left on hold.....And if that person didnt buy it I would be next in line...o well
haha sorry man. im almost positive that was me.

Quick Reply: Cartek clutch VS Textralia oz700