LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 Rebuild Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 383 Rebuild Questions

Okay will this summer I think I'll start gathering parts for my rebuild. I'm at 150k and I really don't want to do anything internal w/ that many miles so in the next few years I'm gonna try to get some parts together so I can rebuild my motor. So far my plans are to stroke it to 383 c.i. That's about as far as I got and is where I need input. When I rebuild the motor I'm going to go w/ a good heads n cam package. Looking to make around 425-450 rwhp. That's my goals for the rebuild. Although eventually I would like to put a procharger on there w/ different pistons and cam and make some big power 600+. So keeping that in mind for this rebuild what will I need? Will I want forged crank, rods, and pistons? I know I'll have to swap out pistons when I get my supercharger to lower the CR but what kind will I want to go with to make good power n/a? Most likely by the time I get this rebuilt in a few years it will be removed from daily driver duty to a weekend warrior/strip car. So would it be beneficial to go solid roller?

for cranks which one of these would be good to go with?
Lunati Sledgehammer
Eagle ESP Forged 4340
Eagle ESP Cast Steel

also what cc are stock heads?