LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A Few Questions For The Ltx Gurus Out There

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Few Questions For The Ltx Gurus Out There

ok first of all i have a 94 Z28 and about 4 years ago i built a nasty lil 355 with decent parts like SRP forged pistons, eagle crank and rods and had my factory heads worked a little.... with an S trim blower and 9.5 psi it made almost 550rwhp at CAM in durham.... it later ended up running fairly well for the mods done and small blower and mild boost....6.52@108.8 is the best run but normally would ET an 6.58 to 6.60 at 106 107mph.......

well i sold my S trim to my brother in law and am purchasing the YSI vortech and and rebuilding the motor cause i had a worn out trust bearing...... so i am thinking this motor should be pumping out around 750-850 rwhp when im done......

saying that what rotating assembly would some of you guys recomend? i have engine builders, good freinds, and some of my own info but figured i would get some new info from some of the guys who specialize in LTX engines and tech...... im just a regular guy that likes to drag race, i dont race in any class or anything and dont have a ton of money but i want to do it right and want to have the best parts that i can afford without over doing it or overkilling...... basicly i dont need 1,500+hp parts for less than 1,000 at the flywheel ya know.... anyways your info will be greatly appriciated.... jake
Old 03-11-2008, 07:38 PM
10 Second Club

Hey Jake. The rotating assm. on the LT1 is not really different than any other 1 piece seal sbc. Any good 4340 crank, H-beam rod and forged piston will be good for up to 700 flywheel give or take a few. If you really want to make some steam it will require a top quality crank, a billet rod like an Oliver and custom pistons made for the task (or at least off the shelf ones designed for boost, nitrous, etc...). The only example I can give is our setup. Callies Magnum crank, Oliver billet rods, Custom Diamond pistons designed for nitrous with all the tricks and super thick top ringlands. We make about 1040 at the flywheel. Hope this helps.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes every opinion peice of info helps when your doing this stuff.... thank you for replying! i planned on using top quality stuff of course cause the amount of power i was running which i think was around 680ish hp at the flywheel so the parts i had did the job.... on this motor i am using a 1,200 hp blower but wont be running it at full boost/power for a while and really dont know if i ever cause as long as it runs well with around 700ish rwhp i will be fine for a while..... if you dont mind me asking how much $$$ did you have in your rotating assembly to handle 1,000hp?

Quick Reply: A Few Questions For The Ltx Gurus Out There