General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Motor - Thanks and tips for others

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Motor - Thanks and tips for others

Got that damn window motor in tonight while at work. Thanks to all who replied with some answers prior. A few tips for those who will be doing this.

1. I inadvertantly drilled out (1) wrong rivet, which was a rivet belonging to the bracket that holds the motor...oops. Corrected.

2. TIP: When putting the new motor on, you are only using 3 screws and nuts. It is a little cumbersome only having 2 hands to hold the motor and place the screw and the nut. So....do the bottom most one (farthest to the right) it is easier to hold the motor from the top, use needlenose pliers to place the screw and then hand tighten the nut. This will hold the motor in place so you can do the other 2.

3. TIP: Put your screw driver through the holes you drilled to visualize the rivets to reach the screw and place the correct size socket on the smallest socket wrench you have (wrench will fit in the door space) and tighten the nuts.

4. The writeup on the boards here with the install info was very helpful and that person is correct, don't worry about popping off the wiring clip until after you have removed the old motor, it's much easier that way.

Good luck to anyone else that has to do this. Thanks again to all who replied to me and hopefully, some of what I wrote above will help somebody else.