LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

how will my car run with no cats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how will my car run with no cats?

i was wondering if my car would run like crap if i got my catalytic converters cut out with straight pipes welded in the place of them? my car is pretty much stock, just a k&n filter and the throttle body bypass mod. my exhuast is unbolted after the factory y pipe so i have no mufflers. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
-Shane
Old 03-17-2008, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well its kind of hard to remove the one on the drivers side since it has a huge flange and it bolts right up to the manifold, your best but is to buy some headers with an Off road Y pipe and then get a mail order tune and have those sensors deleted so you dont have an engine light...

But to answer your question yes it will run, but youll spend more money trying to make the manifold work on the drivers side then it is to just buy some headers..IMO
Old 03-17-2008, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Everybody says its so hard to remove the drivers side cat. WRONG! it's easy take it out of the car cut the flange at the top of the cat cut the pipe under the cat and just put a piece of pipe with close to a 90 bend in its place. simple I know my car has that exact thing done to it right now and I did it with some scrap exhaust pipe left over from when I changed the stock exhaust off my old 2000 WS6. One other thing once you remove that monstrosity known as the drivers cat there is way more room for doing stuff on that side.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

^
It's not that Bad to do! As long as you can weld...
And the car should run fine, It will be a Little louder too!

Quick Reply: how will my car run with no cats?