Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shift kit uh oh!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift kit uh oh!

alright so being the first time installing the a shift kit, i made sure to take extra precautions but apparently not enough. I breezed through the kit in about 4 hours or so following the instructions given and by a post. there is a bracket held in place by three bolts on the seperator plate right below the 1-2 accumulator. as i was re-assembling all the pieces i noticed this particular bracket was missing. I started yesterday around 630 and i dint realize till around 11 or so that it was missing and now im pissed cause its nowhere to be found!. obviously im not going to go on installing the rest of the valve body becuase that would be a half assed job. so i guess what im saying is need i go to the dealership and buy this new bracket?...its the smallest bracket there yet the biggest problem arose from it!

also..i know b&m recommended there atf...anyone think otherwise?
Old 03-23-2008, 06:07 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this is a long shot. But did you change the gaskets on your seperator plate? I have seen the plate stick to the gasket an accidently get thrown in the trash. Might want to find your gaskets and see if the plate is there. As far as the trick shift fluid, plain old DEX III works just fine for me.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha im glad were on the same page...yea oroginally the bracket was stuck to the plate...then later when i went to go remove the gaskets it was gone, but it did not phase me...it wasnt till later that i realized what was missing... might have to tear apart the garbage can!