Bolt on Fast 90 Car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bolt on Fast 90 Car?

anyone done

LT's, ORY, Pulley, Wires, Lid, Cutout, !Emissions and a FAST 90/90

trying to see what a bolt on car would do with it (going todo h/c in 6mo-1year)
Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

365-375ish rwhp if everything is running properly...... mines doing 348rwhp SAE corrected and i dont have fast 90 or pully yet
Old 03-24-2008, 08:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have never seen a bolton car make 375 rwhp. i think 365 rwhp is on the very aggressive edge and that is if they have a dyno queen drivline.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

You may see 5 hp at best.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'd say wait until you do your H/C and install the 90 FAST at the same time. Just my 2 cents
Old 03-24-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well im basicly at 350rwhp right now and i dont have a tune, powerbond pully, or fast 90 and 90TB...... you think i cant get 20+ rwhp from all of that?.....your Fn crazy if you dont think so....not saying this about any of you guys, just my local guys sometimes get mad cause they got an LS1 that dont run like some of the others and want to say that the dyno is wrong or the track time lights aint working properly..... i have guys telling me my numbers arent corrected when they are, or that im spraying a 50 shot to get it to run almost 91mph at the track.... i say get a life to those people and stop being a baby!

i been drag racing and messing with cars for 15 years and i can say that never say something cant happen cause it has already more than likely happened and will happen even more in the future..... back in the day i never understood how these new"LS1" motors were putting down 310ish rwhp stock and there was no way they could run 90mph in the 1/8th with mild boltons........ i was later proved wrong time and time again so then i bought a 98 TA and then sold it to buy the bad boy 2002! but hey these car street cars, i have a fast drag car so i dont have to talk these little things up..... but they are very fast and really wake up with mild bolt on parts! but all that being said i aint no dyno king guy, i dont think numbers car cool unless you can cut somebodys *** in the car..... some of these guys putting down 500rwhp to 700rwhp not running in the 6s or 10s is rediculas! i would be ashamed to say i had alot of power but get beat by a car with 100's less rwhp than me...... big power is cool if you can make it work! if not i wouldnt talk about it JMO

Last edited by bluebeast; 03-24-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just do it and reap the benefits when you decide to throw a cam in the car.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bluebeast
well im basicly at 350rwhp right now and i dont have a tune, powerbond pully, or fast 90 and 90TB...... you think i cant get 20+ rwhp from all of that?.....your Fn crazy if you dont think so....not saying this about any of you guys, just my local guys sometimes get mad cause they got an LS1 that dont run like some of the others and want to say that the dyno is wrong or the track time lights aint working properly..... i have guys telling me my numbers arent corrected when they are, or that im spraying a 50 shot to get it to run almost 91mph at the track.... i say get a life to those people and stop being a baby!

i been drag racing and messing with cars for 15 years and i can say that never say something cant happen cause it has already more than likely happened and will happen even more in the future..... back in the day i never understood how these new"LS1" motors were putting down 310ish rwhp stock and there was no way they could run 90mph in the 1/8th with mild boltons........ i was later proved wrong time and time again so then i bought a 98 TA and then sold it to buy the bad boy 2002! but hey these car street cars, i have a fast drag car so i dont have to talk these little things up..... but they are very fast and really wake up with mild bolt on parts! but all that being said i aint no dyno king guy, i dont think numbers car cool unless you can cut somebodys *** in the car..... some of these guys putting down 500rwhp to 700rwhp not running in the 6s or 10s is rediculas! i would be ashamed to say i had alot of power but get beat by a car with 100's less rwhp than me...... big power is cool if you can make it work! if not i wouldnt talk about it JMO
Ok man, We get it. your bolt on car does 91mph in the 1/4, and you have 15+ years of experiance. Now stop polluting every thread on this forum with your ranting. What exactly is your point in this thread.

OP=> fast 90/90 + boltons will gain you maybe 5rwhp over stock ls6 intake w/o a cam, or heads. IT is simply overkill with better flowing heads IMO. However, It is a great modification to do with H/C, so just stick it on there. It is expensive, so just buy it and forget about the $$. It will show big returns when you H/C your car. Also, do yourself a favor and get it ported by either Tony mamo or vengence (I will not speculate on which is better, both do a quality job, I will say that I went With Tony and the work was fantastic). This will give you room to grow in the future. Good luck with your setup, and keep us posted if you when you get the #s after install.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

uhhh my point is for guys to stop saying stuff cant be done.....i just kinda got tired of hearing it.... i wasnt poluting anything really, sorry for that....but its in the 1/8 miles not 1/4...... i wish we had a local 1/4, trust me but as far as the cars thing...the only reason i said that is cause most guys who actually do serious drag racing dont normally talk things up for lie about times and ect..... thats the only reason i said that...... again sorry for the "ranting"

Last edited by bluebeast; 03-24-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bluebeast
uhhh my point is for guys to stop saying stuff cant be done.....i just kinda got tired of hearing it.... i wasnt poluting anything really, sorry for that....but its in the 1/8 miles not 1/4...... i wish we had a local 1/4, trust me but as far as the cars thing...the only reason i said that is cause most guys who actually do serious drag racing dont normally talk things up for lie about times and ect..... thats the only reason i said that...... again sorry for the "ranting"
Its cool bud. Sorry, I didn't mean to jump down your throat, just read your 1/8 mile MPH story on like 2 threads back to back. Typo, I meant 1/8, not 1/4. BTW, I agree with you as far as the "times tell all" theory. There is way too much dyno bench racing on this and other forums, but when it comes down to it I guess people will always engage in pissing contests. As far as you making an extra 20 hp w/ a pulley, fast 90, and a tune... I think it is definately achievable for you and that would be a great bolt-on #. I think that the tune alone is worth 10-12, and a pulley should be worth 7... Again, whether or not this would result in a faster ET or higher MPH is questionable, because you may loos some TQ on the bottom with the fast 90.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ya i know... it just happened to be a few threads on the same topic so i had no choice but to tell my budget bomber story and take up for the kid that nobody belived...... and yeah even though its still the dyno section these guys gotta understand its there for 2 reasons really...... to tune the car for performance and also see if you are loosing power like if your car is normally putting down 500rwhp and all the sudden you are making 410rwhp on the same dyno you know something is wrong..... but yeah no worrys man and no need to appologize...... sometimes i get on after a few beers and talk a little too much at times.....its hard not to here and there LOL cheers!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was in the same boat as you... plans of a H/C package this summer but wanted to do the fast 90 with the car just beening a bolt on car but it picked up 6rwhp and 5rwtq... heres the post but it doesnt have the run where i added a bowhite ported tb which was the 345rwhp and 361rwtq

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...773&highlight=

but it sure did look good cause i had it painted black...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/851387-painted-fast-90mm-nw-black-90mm-throttle-body.html
Old 03-31-2008, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just saw this thread sorry for the late reply.

In preparing for heads and cam later on down the line, I went to a ported Fast 90/90 last fall, on my '05 CTS-V. At that point I was pretty muych all the bolt-on's less UD Balancer and EWP.

Results are here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...519&highlight=

Nutshell:

+9 peak rwhp
-3 peak rwtq

-9 average HP
-4 average TQ

Curves crossed at approx 5500 rpm's (lost a bunch of trq below that)

Numbers:

369 rwhp
353 rwtq

This was on FBC's mustang Dyno. I've since had it dyno'd on PSI's mustabg dyno, with the exact same mods, and was at 355 rwhp (don't recal the TQ). Dyno's are subjective

I'm dropping in a cam in the next few weeks, hopefully I can take advantage of that extra flow of the Fast 90/90. I know I won't totally be there until I get better heads (have stock 234's right now).

-Chris
Old 03-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Internet Mechanic

350 to 360 if your lucky. With a great tune too.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Just do it and reap the benefits when you decide to throw a cam in the car.
x2! It can't hurt your power!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
x2! It can't hurt your power!
It can hurt your power, see my post above:

-9 average HP
-4 average TQ

BUT, if you are going heads and cam later, it's a good pre-requisite mod, which is why I did it.

-Chris
Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trukk
It can hurt your power, see my post above:

-9 average HP
-4 average TQ

BUT, if you are going heads and cam later, it's a good pre-requisite mod, which is why I did it.

-Chris
not to nit pick, but it is by NO MEANS A PRE-REQUISITE mod. Pre-requisite implies 'required to come before'. I think what you meant is it is a good prep mod for H/C. I agree, but I just did mine all at once.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by landonew
not to nit pick, but it is by NO MEANS A PRE-REQUISITE mod. Pre-requisite implies 'required to come before'. I think what you meant is it is a good prep mod for H/C. I agree, but I just did mine all at once.
Good point. I'm **** retentive, and tend to go overboard on these types of things. For me, I wanted to get all my bolt-ons done before doing a cam, so to me it was a pre-requisite. I've got a few screws loose though

-Chris