Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BS3 Wiring Shorting

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BS3 Wiring Shorting

As some know the wiring is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to long. Well talking with alot of people and give a few shops a call I have a clear path forward.

Simple thing is remove pins from connectors and cut to length and replace pins and insert back into connector.

Simple question is where do I find said pins???? I have searched on the interweb and I have came up with nothing.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Which connectors? The sensor side is all regular GM weatherpack/metripack terminals, I get them from a friend who works at a chevy dealer but they are available at a lot of places.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a sponsor, but google Ballenger Motorsports, they have LOTS of weather pack, metripack and other connectors as well as all of the tools needed to properly work with them.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:26 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why can't you just cut the wires and splice the harness? Twist, lay over wire, solder and heat shrink. I just did it yesterday with my BS3 harness.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Why can't you just cut the wires and splice the harness? Twist, lay over wire, solder and heat shrink. I just did it yesterday with my BS3 harness.
Because you increase your chances of something shorting out. I know I dont want to be chase wiring issues so I am just going to cut to length add new pins and push back into the connector and it would but just as if it can like that from BigStuff

When I say pins I mean- Terminals

I am told I can still use the same connectors. However for the cost it might be easier to just get new connectors as some are a pain in the but to remove.

Last edited by 1INSANEGTO; 04-02-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kp
Which connectors? The sensor side is all regular GM weatherpack/metripack terminals, I get them from a friend who works at a chevy dealer but they are available at a lot of places.
Do you think I need to replace the whole connectors? Or just push the pins out cut to length and add new pins and reinsert back into the connector?

Guys at Murrilo said they would only charge like $150.00 to do it so I might just have them do it to save me a headache
Old 04-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The terminal is 12124075 and is available from anybody that can purchase Delphi parts. One example company would be www.powerandsignal.com

Most connectors that use these terminals are pull to seat (push wire through connector from seal side--crimp on terminal--pull terminal back into connector. The little tang that hangs down will key the terminal in the correct position.