LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

NEED HELP!!! My z wont shift

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! My z wont shift

I went and ran my car at the local eighth mile track today,and i came out of the hole strong,and i could manually shift it fine 1st-2nd ,but when i shifted my car into third the tranny would'nt shift it just bounced off the rev-limiter until i let off the gas,lowered my rpms back down and shift into od.My car is a 94 z28.Headers,ory,cai,4.10's.I went yesterday and got my speedo calibrated for the 4.10's.My tranny is a recently rebuilt 4l60e with a stock converter.I tried just putting it in drive and going,but it bounced off the rev-limiter between 1st-2nd for a second and finally shifted but still wouldnt shift into third,the same thing happened putting it into overdrive and going.The only way i got the car to shift into third was to let completly off the throttle shift into third,and give it half throttle until it shifted into third,and when it finally did shift i floored it and it downshifted right back into second bouncing of the rev-limiter.I dont know what to do to fix my problem,but i would appreciate any advice that you could give me on how to fix it.Thank you for looking
Old 04-03-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that you need to lower your shift points a little and don't manually shift the 4l60e, it doesn't gain anything.