Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Late nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Late nitrous

I have a NX system on my car. It has the Fuel pressure safety switch on it. I run 150hp pils in it. When I first installed the system, Everything worked great until I got in third gear. The care would surge drastically. i am sure the Fuel pressure safety switch was turning the system off and back on to cause the surge on the big end. Does anyone know what the lowest fuel pressure setting should be?

Anyhow, Now when I turn the system on I notice it takes a second or so before the nitrous hits. I have a purge system on it too. It does it even when the system is purged. Does anyone have any Idea what is going on with that?

Last thing, I am running Autolight plugs since I could not find any JGK plugs in town and I do not want to run platnium plugs. With these autolights, the engine has a slight miss while iddling and I can feal it surge a bit when the cruse control is on. I need a plug that is safe for the juice and make the engine run smoothly like the factory plugs do.

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Late nitrous

Get rid of the FPSS you really dont need it
Old 08-02-2003, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why do you say that? If it is shutting my system off on the big end then my fuel pressure is to low isn't it? Please don't get me wrong, I am not triing to sture up stuff, I am just scared of screwing up my engine. You don't think I should replace the stock fuel pump or something else?
Old 08-03-2003, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt
Old 08-03-2003, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with removing the FPSS. What happens when you are hard under accelleration on the bottle the fuel psi will have a tendancy to dip below the set FPSS and what happens is the nitrous kit will shut off and on if the fuel psi is set to high. I know this because I have seen the fuel psi differ as you go down the track showing up on the recorded data logger file. This was even with using a Holly 500gph Dominator series pump dedicated just for nitrous with #8 lines feeding the nitrous kit. The motor will always see some initial fuel psi loss but the kit typically will recover but if your suffering big fuel psi loss some factors can contribute to this maybe the nitrous solenoid sometimes the fuel setup?

What some people do is have the FPSS in place but wire the FPSS to a indash light and not the solenoid. If you insist on keeping FPSS you may want to adjust it so it is not so close to your FLOWING fuel psi. One thing I'm going to go to this year is individual EGT probes and I will have the nitrous shut off if the EGT reading get out of line.

If your using nitrous one fact is you better be prepared to break parts because sooner or latter something will indeed fail.

Good Luck!
Old 08-04-2003, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is the truth. I have been raceing for a few years now and it does not matter if it is stock or a hot engine, if it is naturaly asperated, supercharged, or Juiced, it will brake sooner or later. I just so GREAT and use the broken car as an excuse to make it faster and better
So you are absolutly correct and I do look forward to those days (my wife won't let me get what I want if it is not broken first)