Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA Polyurethane bushings

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA Polyurethane bushings

I'm looking at replacing my stock LCA and I came across this write up on Polyurethane bushings and I'm just wondering if anyone else has read this and wanted your thoughts.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1701/bushings.htm
Old 04-23-2008, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes,

I agree with most of what's stated.

I would like to mention, that if there is a need for aftermarket LCA's, the thing to do is to either do double rod-end (double adj.), or single rod-end with single poly end (single adj.).

If I may ask though, what are you doing with the car that you may need aftermarket LCA's? in reality, the stock LCA's are not as weak as most people say they are, however unless you're really doing some intense racing, you may not gain as much as you think with them. For most who are looking to benefit from better handling with some improvement with the LCA's should consider replacing their bushings first. Even if the stock ones aren't worn, they're really not that good to begin with. Most rear LCA replacement rubber bushings are solid rubber compared to what was included with the fluted original bushings that was installed on most factory 4th Gen F-body's.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Well, As you can see I'm just starting on moding my SS. I was thinking of doing the Suspension next and was going to do LCA,PHR, and sway bars.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

By what you last typed, it seems as if you're going to mod for the sake of modding.
before you even being to mod, go through the stickies (at least th serious ones): https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/819775-suspension-brake-tech-faq.html

This is a great reference for most of those cars that will rarely touch a race track: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/842240-fbody-street-suspension-setup-review.html

A lot of newbies think that this thread is some sort of sick joke, but really, daily driver setups like this are really hard to beat.

The thing you ought to do is first concentrate on replacing the shocks with good ones (preferably Koni SA's).
Old 04-23-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wanted to look cool, so I fabbed up a set of round tubing LCAs that utilize the rubber bushings. I learned a LONG time ago, that there needs to be some compliance in the bushings. Don't forget, the panhard bar FORCES the rear end to move in an arc. It's a rather long arc, but an arc nontheless.

While GM my have discontinued the 1-LE bushings, the Moog replacements are VERY similar.