Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear control arms & subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear control arms & subframe connectors

I have a 99 WS6 Running mid to low 12's on motor, and mid to low 11's on spray ! But my question is, i found a deal on subframe connectors and rear control arms . If i purchased either of these , would they help,and how ? Would i lose my ride ?
Old 05-17-2008, 06:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nope, you wouldn't lose a nice ride at all. In fact, when I installed SFC's on my car, it felt like the suspension was actually doing its job completely, vs. the car acting like a big leaf spring and taking all the bumps. They tighten the whole car up. Not a bad thing at all!

And as for the LCA's, they'll not flex nearly as much as the stockers, and they'll help plant the rear and put the power to the ground better.

You're doing really good to be into the 11's already on stock suspension! Any upgrades you make won't hurt anything. It may not make a "night & day" difference, but the more power you put down, the more you're pushing the stock suspension.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

same here! Weld the SFC's! What a difference once you have it all done! And if you lower the carm, it'll be like driving on rails!
Old 05-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 70ls1chevelle
I have a 99 WS6 Running mid to low 12's on motor, and mid to low 11's on spray ! But my question is, i found a deal on subframe connectors and rear control arms . If i purchased either of these , would they help,and how ? Would i lose my ride ?
Whats a deal and what brand are you talking about for the SFC?? SCF'c will stiffen the ride, help with some annoying rattles..like t-tops, dash rattles and help with body flex. I put a set of the UMI 2-point bolt-in on and they are def worth every penny. If you get the bolt-in you can always weld them in..good luck!

Oh ya, I also noticed that when I get sideways now the car straightens itself out almost immediately
Old 05-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Banned

Check UMI's web site out and you can get a little better idea of what these items are and what they do
http://www.umiperformance.com/
Old 05-17-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cap'n Pete
Nope, you wouldn't lose a nice ride at all. In fact, when I installed SFC's on my car, it felt like the suspension was actually doing its job completely, vs. the car acting like a big leaf spring and taking all the bumps. They tighten the whole car up. Not a bad thing at all!

Yup

And as for the LCA's, they'll not flex nearly as much as the stockers, and they'll help plant the rear and put the power to the ground better.

Helps you use your hp more efficiently

You're doing really good to be into the 11's already on stock suspension! Any upgrades you make won't hurt anything. It may not make a "night & day" difference, but the more power you put down, the more you're pushing the stock suspension.
agreed
Old 05-17-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Did you put in lca relocation brackets yet? LCA's and relocation brackets will help keep the rear planted and more stable on the launch. No stock old rubber bushing deflection. Subframe connectors are probably a good idea as well if you are heading into the 11's and beyond and eventually doing big meat slicks. Not sure what you have now.

I don't know exactly how much the car chassis flexes on launching honestly depending on your setup and times, but they can't hurt you. Plus they make excellent jack points.

Your ride quality might be a bit more noisy depending on what poly or rod ends you get in the lca's. Some people say the ride gets more harsh with SFC's but I didn't experience that personally and don't see how harsh it can get. Maybe its the noise transfer from the rear lca chassis mount point to the front sfc attachment point. I never heard much difference with mine nor noticed a loss in drive quality, but then again I was on a bone stock vehicle at that point.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Did you put in lca relocation brackets yet? LCA's and relocation brackets will help keep the rear planted and more stable on the launch. No stock old rubber bushing deflection. Subframe connectors are probably a good idea as well if you are heading into the 11's and beyond and eventually doing big meat slicks. Not sure what you have now.

I don't know exactly how much the car chassis flexes on launching honestly depending on your setup and times, but they can't hurt you. Plus they make excellent jack points.

Your ride quality might be a bit more noisy depending on what poly or rod ends you get in the lca's. Some people say the ride gets more harsh with SFC's but I didn't experience that personally and don't see how harsh it can get. Maybe its the noise transfer from the rear lca chassis mount point to the front sfc attachment point. I never heard much difference with mine nor noticed a loss in drive quality, but then again I was on a bone stock vehicle at that point.
I noticed mine to be a little more harsh over bumps/pot holes..