Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Looking for a ZR-1 ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a ZR-1 ...

If anyone has info on one of these please help me out..I will travel to get one if need be..
Old 05-27-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

www.ebay.com Sell me your Vette.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you want a zr1 when you got the fastest all motor c5/c6 zo6 in the world ?? LOL, just busting your *****. 10 second 1/4 at nearly 137 mph is fuckig moving bro.

Good luck on finding a ZR1. I talked to a few friends of mine that sell GM cars and all said the same thing, good luck, these cars are going to the highest bidders. So I took this to mean that as the dealership gets allocation, they will notify all who filled out interest cards and left deposits (that I am sure were deposited in an account and are collecting interest) and the highest bidder will get the car. Talk about capitalism at its best. Sucks to not be rich.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Why do you want a zr1 when you got the fastest all motor c5/c6 zo6 in the world ?? LOL, just busting your *****. 10 second 1/4 at nearly 137 mph is fuckig moving bro.

Good luck on finding a ZR1. I talked to a few friends of mine that sell GM cars and all said the same thing, good luck, these cars are going to the highest bidders. So I took this to mean that as the dealership gets allocation, they will notify all who filled out interest cards and left deposits (that I am sure were deposited in an account and are collecting interest) and the highest bidder will get the car. Talk about capitalism at its best. Sucks to not be rich.
What he said... Their goin to make like 500 of them.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There's going to be a few thousand made, but channeled through limited dealers. Find the biggest 'vette dealer around. You don't have to be a sucker for the huge dealership adjustments. You could get RFZ's for $5K over and theres a heck of a lot less of them than the number of ZR1's to be running around. There's going to be some great buys on the ZR1's and there's going to be some ludicrous buys on them.

Assuming the economy takes a significant downturn, you might be able to snag one for MSRP in short order as the intended consumer audience takes a radical shift.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah no doubt his 137 mph ride will smack a ZR1 around but maybe he's looking for something more streetable/exclusive/all-around performer? I think my Z already does everything good enough now I just need to add about 150 RWHP and I'll be happy!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im looking for this car for my Dad..I want him to have a sunday driver that I can play with at the track.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

My boss has a deposit holding his spot for the 5th one at Parkway Chevrolet. They tell him it will be next year before he will get one. They have to get their first allocation which is only 3 (I believe).

I would suggest the opposite. Call around to smaller Chevrolet dealers and reserve your spot for one.

-Tracey
Old 06-01-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't trust a deposit one bit. I got burnt on depositing money. I was given a great price for the car I bought, with nearly all the factory options. I put a deposit down to let the dealer know I was serious. I showed up to see what the hold up was due to waiting 21 days past the promised date for my car. When I get to the lot I see a guy standing near a 2000 FRC black, chrome wheels, etc etc. I strike up a conversation ask him about the car. Turns out the car was the car I had ordered and when I asked him about the price he said he lucked into this one because the original purchaser had backed out of the deal. Turns out the guy paid $2800 more then the quote I was given. So **** the dealership scumbag that refunded my deposit, then promptly began lying about that wasn't the car I had ordered. Kind of sucks when you get a price on a car, leave a deposit, and someone is willing to pay more so the dealer sells it to them instead. Ok breath, my rant is over. LOL.