General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Issue after issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue after issue

So just replaced my opti, found out when I had replaced my cap and rotor a year or so ago that I had just forgotten to add the o-rings on the shaft.

Well I go take the car on a run around the block and it starts to overheat quick so I pull over before it hits the red and take it home right away. I check it over and take it for another run and it ran fine. I then find that my waterpump has a bit of oil coming from the small hole at the bottom usually meaning its bad. I also find some red fluid on a couple hoses near the radiator flush valve on the bottom. I later realize I forgot to bleed the system by turning the screw which I did a short bit later. This was also yesterday.

I drove my car today and the temperature gauge stayed at 180. So I checked after work and found some oil seemed to have still been coming down from the waterpump and the red fluid still there.

Any suggestions? Wouldnt my car be running hot if the waterpump was going out?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your car will run hot as soon as the coolant gets low enough, if the pump has coolant running out of it you need to replace it.