Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

bouncy driver's door mirror

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bouncy driver's door mirror

My driver's door mirror has started to bounce around in the mirror housing and is driving me nuts. What is the fix for this?? I've looked and can't see where I can tighten any bolts or screws??
Old 06-06-2008, 02:37 AM
TECH Resident

there is a bracket which attaches to the mirror and to the car. tighten the bolts and screws/torx bolts, and you should be fine.

I had my driver's side bracket snap, its aluminum, and just replaced it a few weeks ago. I did end up taking my door panel off before I was through though.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My passenger one bounces, the glass bounces inside the housing. Found that when the previous owner smacked the mirror he broke one of the plastic tabs that holds the glass in place. If that is your problem you may be able to glue it back down, I haven't bothered trying since I have to replace my mirror at some point anyway.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
My passenger one bounces, the glass bounces inside the housing. Found that when the previous owner smacked the mirror he broke one of the plastic tabs that holds the glass in place. If that is your problem you may be able to glue it back down, I haven't bothered trying since I have to replace my mirror at some point anyway.
sounds exactly what mine is doing.

Cool...Thanks

Quick Reply: bouncy driver's door mirror