Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Which speakers would be best for doors

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which speakers would be best for doors

I have a set of polk audio DB651s i think and then a set of pioneer ts-a1682r which would be a better choice i know these may not be the best but i didn't pay much for either of them i want to put on of them in the doors and the other in my Honda doors. also which would be easier to install also in the doors and i do have a set of pioneers in the doors now but only one works. Thanks for the help i know it may be a stupid question but i don't know know much about car audio.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Polk hands down over Pioneer. A much better speaker IMO. As far as I can tell, they should be the same as far as installation goes.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Polk and its not even close.. I heard some polks at circuit city..They sounded really good. Then I heard some Diamonds at Ultimate and was blown away! My friend got me some Boston acoustics Pro60's for cost. I've never heard them,but the people that have say they are incredible..They will be in tomorrow,I will let you guys know how they sound..
Old 06-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Banned

Talking

I would agree with the other folks, but it looks like the Pioneer will not fit in the door of your Honda. Polk in a better speaker but to my knowledge with Honda's doors they don't have much room with the window down.

And Boston Acoustics are I must say one of the best speaker one the market. I have a set of 5.25's in my arr now that I bought for a buddy over 10 years ago that he had bought for CC as an open box a year before that and had never used them. Needless to say they work great, well on hot days here in CA one of the cross overs gets a little hot and the tweeter sounds a little funny. But let it cool off ( 10 min.) and it's good again!

Anyway just my two cents LOl
Old 06-14-2008, 05:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the info guys and ill have to check and see if the pioneer will fit in the Honda and then ill put the polks in the SS.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a 98 Civic and they don't have a whole lot of space to the window.