Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do about my starting issue.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do about my starting issue.

Hey guys,

I have a 1994 RX7 with an LS1 in it and a while back when I drove around for a bit then parked it wouldn't start. After alittle playing around with it my mechanic finally replaced the starter and for the past 3 months its been running great. Started great every time, no problems etc. Then yesterday I drove it alittle hard and when I parked it didn't start for a bit. So then today I drove for a while, but not hard, and I didn't have this issue.

So I'm quite certain the starter is getting too hot again or finally is starting to get destroyed by the heat again under the hood and is showing the wear from it.

So what I'm wondering is, is there a fix for this by way of a starter that can handle the heat or would getting a hood that has vents in it fix this?

I feel like if I replace the starter again its gonna continue.

ty
Old 06-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any thoughts on if a vented hood will fix this or if there is an aftermarket starter out there that can handle the heat?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that happened in my dads 69, the starter wires were right next to the headers so after a long drive he would have to let it sit for about 20 mins to let it cool. added a heat plate, no more problems.