Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

First show...first win!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First show...first win!!!

Its been six lonnnnnnnnnng months without my car since having to move to another state for employment, getting resettled and having the car literally in pieces from one state to the next! Once the 'priorities' of everyday life were finally set aside, I was back into the beast to get her running. With the incredible cooperation (and patience) of my wife as you'll see later and the NEED to be at the biggest car event in the country (Woodward Dream Cruise here in Detroit), we took first place in the show today. Here are a few pics for a sampling...I will be sure to add more later this weekend with recent upgrades of both the SHO and GO variety...

Fresh out of the bath...

Wife's new 450hp vanity mirror...

Showtime...

Worth the wait...

I'll be sure to post a few more pics by the end of the weekend...right now, the wife and I are goin' cruisin'
Old 08-16-2003, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: First show...first win!!!

congrats..
Old 08-16-2003, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice win...but did the judges know its an LPE SS??? I know its a really nice LPE and is rare at that, but as far as appearence goes, if it wasn't an LPE, I could not see ur car getting first place...not trying to down ur car or win...lol, ur car is beautiful, I have a black 00 SS and have many many mods on the way, esp. appearence...I'm just wondering how I would pair up to ur car...I know urs is an LPE with tons of power and $ into it, but if it was an appearence show...I see ur car having a hard time in winning first other than those sweet *** wheels...other than that, beautiful car and congrats on the win!!!
Old 08-16-2003, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

LPE SS: what I mean by "but as far as appearence goes, if it wasn't an LPE, I could not see ur car getting first place," I mean that I would just rather see an f-body with more unique touches...take Steve2000SS car for example, he did things that have never done to an f-body...I just would rather see those type of camaros win first place in a show, again tho, not trying to down ne thing or ur hard work...I respect the time and work into ur car...

Mikie
Old 08-17-2003, 05:02 AM
Launching!

LPE SS: what I mean by "but as far as appearence goes, if it wasn't an LPE, I could not see ur car getting first place," I mean that I would just rather see an f-body with more unique touches...take Steve2000SS car for example, he did things that have never done to an f-body...I just would rather see those type of camaros win first place in a show, again tho, not trying to down ne thing or ur hard work...I respect the time and work into ur car...

Mikie
You shouldn't criticize what you can't see . The pics not shown...yet...are what I believe, the biggest reason I did win. I hate to justify some of your above comments with a defensive response...but the amount of hours in detail under my hood FAR exceed the amount of money you claim I spent on an engine package that was responsible for my 'win' in a show. As I mentioned before, pics to follow with details of some of my latest goodies....even a couple the 'King' didn't do .
Old 08-17-2003, 08:01 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats on the win, those Simmons wheels still look damn good after all these years. I notice the !wire mod on both sides and the red coated valvecovers. I like the red hood struts, might have to steal that one from ya

Tony
Old 08-17-2003, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

LPE SS: sorry I jumped the gun...lets see some detailed pics...
Old 08-17-2003, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Beautiful car! LPE or not.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congratulations, you've got a very tastefully modded Camaro.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats ....... sweet car
Old 08-18-2003, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats! Always great to be recognised for ones hard labors!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

Very clean with some very nice subtle touches. Congrats on the win.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Great lookin car!
Old 08-18-2003, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Way to go Brent! I can't wait to see that monster in person. To anyone questioning Brent in terms of the level of bling that his car produces, I spoke with him a month or 2 back and some of the things he explained to me that he's done simply dropped my jaw just thinking about.
Congrats and I look forward to seeing your car
Old 08-18-2003, 02:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Brent!!

I appreciate good bling
Old 08-18-2003, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I spoke with him a month or 2 back and some of the things he explained to me that he's done simply dropped my jaw just thinking about
C'mon now, spill the beans guys!!!

-Tom
Old 08-18-2003, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely Done!
Old 08-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the compliments guys! Lol, I thought I was in for tough crowd after the first couple of posts . Anyway, here are a couple of pics I was able to put together that looked halfway decent...black is a real sum-bitch to photograph. Some of the added details overall include things as simple as painting my AIR tubes black (that, btw, were donated by Ramair346...thanks again Tim) to adding those damn fasteners that 'you know who' all WOWed us with on his previous project. Thanks Steve for keeping the bar above everyone's reach ! I've also added a pic that shows the removal of that annoyingly ugly wire loom that smacks you in the face when you pop the hood covering the wires for the MAF, TPS, etc and replaced it with a black nylon braid - probably the intricate of all the upgrades. I had to use a white background (aka: paper towel :p ) so it showed up a little better. Looks 100x better in person!!!

Wanting to build a Sho-n-Go project the 'Go' dept received a set of LTs from JetHot, QTP Y (catted) and Magnecore 8.5mm (red) wires...'a little bling, with a little bang' you could say. Plenty of other little goodies not necessarily worth mentioning but they eventually add up, right? Hope you like...

Old 08-19-2003, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the nylon braid at? And given that there's connectors on each end of most of those wires, did you cut the wires to put the braid on, then solder back, or does the nylon stretch over the connector?
Old 08-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Launching!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the nylon braid at? And given that there's connectors on each end of most of those wires, did you cut the wires to put the braid on, then solder back, or does the nylon stretch over the connector?
The braid I bought from JCWhitney ( ). It comes in a variety of diameters per pack.

For the wires, I took apart the terminal slipped the braid over the wires (which were then completely retaped to avoid wire color see through). The trick is knowing how to deal with each terminal/connector. You have two types of terminals: 1. PUSH to seat and 2. PULL to seat which means nothing more than how they engage (or seat) in the connector. In some cases, I had to snip the terminal off, and reinstall a new one...don't want any electrical problems if you can avoid it, you know? Once apart, the process and sequence of reassembly is somewhat self explanatory. I would suggest getting some heat shrink to clean up the ends (braid will fray at the ends) and using some solder to new terminals if req'd.

Could you simply cut the wires and resolder...looking back, probably (actually, yes), but that's too easy isn't it?

Quick Reply: First show...first win!!!