PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! Car has no start condition.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Car has no start condition.

Well i got on a wreck last month some guy was driving in a F-ing hurrican with his headlights off and doing 45 in the rain and took my front bumper off when i was trying to pull out. Anyways i was driving my car for like 2 weeks after the accident and then one morning i went to crank my car and nothing happend. I checked all of my fuses moved them around with some others to see if that was the problem checked the battery. Put the trans in N to see if it was a trans connection still nothing has a full tank of gas. I was wondering if there is a main fuse or something or something i'm missing. Also when i turn my car key to the key on engine off postion nothing is displayed like the mileage or anything, but when i turn my headlights on trip and mileage are displayed, but with no odometer readings. I'm completely lost Someone please shoot me some ideas. My car is just sitting there with no front bumper and hasn't been cranked in weeks. Thinking of bypassing the igniton start and jumping the starter to crank the engine to move it somewhere till i have the time or money to fix it. Please help!!! I have a 98 trans am. with 85k miles on it. auto. please help!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ground wire

what other damage, it almost sounds like their is a grounding issue or wire off, also are you shure the battery is good you can have voltage but no amps have battery tested
Old 06-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Launching!

put some jumper cables on it and see if all your gauges work.....if they do then its your battery dude.....check the ground strap on the drivers side frame rail.....not sure if this could cause it but its a possibilty.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Well i have front end damage. half the the front bumper is gone. Also my right front quarter panel is cracked. I figured it would be a wiring or short to ground from the pcm or something like that. I tried charging the battery once before, but the thing is that my car makes absolutely no attempt once so ever to start. the starter doesn't even egnage. It's very stange. I'll try the battery again, but i highly doubt that's the problem. Where are the grounds located from the battery and or pcm anyone?