Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

any reason not to weld up panhard brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default any reason not to weld up panhard brackets?

i removed my panhard frame brace to allow for true over axle duals untill i get around to putting on the one BMR makes to fit true duals. but while ive got my car on the lift and the MIG out im wondering if it would be worth my time to weld up all the seams i can reach under the car while im there, to add rigidity. i did this to every mustang or cobra i ever owned to add rigidity.. and after all was said and done ppl wondered why and how my car hooked so well and went straight with the mods i had.. but anyhow so im pretty much gonna do it i just wanna make sure i didnt miss something, and that theres not a good reason NOT to weld them up.

to be as specific as possible this is the area where the panhard brackets come off the frame rails, beside where the rear springs perch.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are within striking difference of the fuel tank there. I typically keep the mig away from that spot. You might be ok with it, but I would not want to explain welding on your car to a homeowner's insurance agent.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i've considered that.. but ive never had any issues with it really. and its not all the close IMO - ill be fine. If not whats the big deal it was meant to happen