Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete LQ9 need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Complete LQ9 need suggestions

I blew my ls1 so i bought a LQ9 longblock, aluminum heads. What should I do with it? My ls1 had a Trak cam and ls6 intake with ported tb. I don't wanna spend a ton right now, what should I do? Its not a daily driver or all out racer. I know I'm going N2O though. Should I make it a 370, or stroke it, or pistons and spray it with my cam? use ported and polished ls1 heads or the LQ9 heads, I'm pretty lost right now.Thanks for any help!
Old 06-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats your budget? You have options, thats for sure. You could take it out .030 and go 408 or 370 for decent money.

OR just stuff it in and drive it. Swap over what you want from the Ls1 and save your money and plan out your next move.
Send your ls1 heads off or look for a used set of cnc'c ls6 heads.

Is this your dd and you need a solution quick or can the car be down indefinately?
Lots of options to discuss..LOL all depends on your immediate needs.

Personally I think a 408 is the way to go with an LQ9. 4" stroke crank and having the block prepped properly is about as solid a set up as you can get. Nothing wrong with a 370 but there is no replacement for displacement. ( dont go there FI guys..LOL)

But thats money and if you dont have it right now, just driving it is the better solution. You'll have more power anyway, not sure what heads are on it either? Get the numbers from them, maybe you just need to send them out to be cnc'ed and your good to go!

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 06-28-2008 at 02:00 PM.