Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Car meets in Palm Beach

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car meets in Palm Beach

Where are some good car meets in WPB, especially near Wellington?? I haven't been around in a while and everything has changed location and days.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to go over to need2speed.com and they are all over that area and you will find everyone that way.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Every Friday between 5-9pm. This show has been moved a coupl'a hundred feet from the Publix lot where it use to be.
ANTHONY'S SUBS...SW corner 441 & Southern Blvd. Pull into Pollo Tropical / Original Pancake House Parking Lot. "Anthony's Subs" actually sponser's it and discounts car attendees food bill too..
I went to the new location yesterday in my GS (Fri 6/27)...Less room for rides, but it's ok.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RapidRick
Every Friday between 5-9pm. This show has been moved a coupl'a hundred feet from the Publix lot where it use to be.
ANTHONY'S SUBS...SW corner 441 & Southern Blvd. Pull into Pollo Tropical / Original Pancake House Parking Lot. "Anthony's Subs" actually sponser's it and discounts car attendees food bill too..
I went to the new location yesterday in my GS (Fri 6/27)...Less room for rides, but it's ok.
I went last night but wasn't there till a little after 9. When they had it in front of publix it didn't even start until then. How is it now? More kids with imports or older guys with nice cars?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Teching In

There is also a meet on Saturdays down in Boca Raton on 441. Easy drive down from Wellington area. Maybe 15-20 minutes tops.

see thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-members/936581-saturday-night-meet-boca-raton.html
Old 06-28-2008, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

I went last night but wasn't there till a little after 9. When they had it in front of publix it didn't even start until then. How is it now? More kids with imports or older guys with nice cars?
No the old spot was always 5pm -whenever, but broke up around 9:00 pm. When the restaurants at the spot were all told they were getting a rent hike on 1/1/08, they pulled out. Storefronts are empty since then. Good move for that landlord huh?...lol

The Pizza place next to Publix tried to sponser it for a coupl'a months, but it was too far back in that big Parking Lot and lost the crowd a 'lil more each week, til they got this new albeit smaller spot in the lot next door (north).

The after 9:00 thing you wrote about was for the F/Body /Mustang/ Ricer folk that cruised in after 9:00pm. Usually all a younger crowd after 9:00 and maybe 30 rides?. a couple of years ago, those guys would look for some fun runs. But you may already know how that went.

The other earlier show got a mix of rides and ages of people that own them.. Usually 100+ cars. If you got there after 6, youd have to park by the side street towards Steak & Shake, or closer to the Publix lot and those unfriendly shopping carts.
I left the new one last night just a bit before 9:00pm. The show won't be what the bigger lot was, but for me maybe once a month to cruise out 441 to blow off steam will work. You'll enjoy abacoa next Sat. if you want to take the family /date and make a 4-8:30 night of it with music at the bandstand, multi Restaurants/ Bars, 50/50 Raffle, and the cool "Fire it Up" and drive around the complex thing at 8:15. I go about 6 times a year.

Saturday July 5...Boca Raton
Classic Car Saturday Night at Flakowitz Bagel Inn/Deli. Open to all classic, custom, collectible and cool vehicles. 1999 N Federal Highway-2 traffic lights N of Glades Road on the SW corner of Federal and NE 20th Street. 15% discount to show rides, $25 Flakowitz gift card to Restaurant Choice. Great deli and menu choices. FREE. Oldies DJ Rockin Rich. Call 954.675.8679

So,next Saturday I'll stay local and go to the new cruise-in close by me in Boca @ Flakowitz Inn (great Diner food). it's at 20th St. & US 1 (about 1 1/2 - 2 miles south of Yamato Rd) It's the second time they're doing this from 5-8pm
so either Cruise doesn't blow a Saturday Night just sitting around a car show.

I can't wait for Moroso to be done & repaved. Too hot anyway to race tho, and this 1/8th mile stuff is not in my blood.... (Yet)
I like to go "upstairs" at the track in a ride where only a 1/4 mile pull feel will do....lol

Last edited by RapidRick; 06-28-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Teching In

There is no parking at Flakowitz... I don't know how they are gonna fit cars there.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bad Cop No Donut
There is no parking at Flakowitz... I don't know how they are gonna fit cars there.
Yea.. that parking lot sucks!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bad Cop No Donut
Where there's a will...

Old 06-30-2008, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

....Right Dyno Dan....There is a way. See you there? I'm bringing both oldschool & new.
Hey it's not a competition, not dissin' your play Bad Donut, as we'll be there at Packy's for you.
This is just a place on our Beachside of town to go.
Big Parking Lot if just for the addl 20% that can be used besides the Flakowitz property.
Also lots of room on the South side of Flakowitz building for 25 cars + their own front 30 & the rest of the big lot. You can put 10 cars just in the no mans land by the back door too!
C'mon don't you just love to hate their name,...lol. Since Crabby Jack's closed the Sunday show AGAIN, nobody else in the area of US1 stepped up to accomodate.
But really, Just cruise in for the grin of it with your For Sale sign Waz, and no Donut for you Bad Cop, just an "everything Bagel"..they are about the best around here. I promise.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Teching In

lol. Since Crabby Jack's closed the Sunday show AGAIN, nobody else in the area of US1 stepped up to accomodate.
But really, Just cruise in for the grin of it with your For Sale sign Waz, and no Donut for you Bad Cop, just an "everything Bagel"..they are about the best around here. I promise.

That's not true... The Hooters in Pompano stepped up for over a year. They just went out of business.

as for the bagels... trust me... I know they have some great bagels. I use to eat there all the time when I lived back behind 5th ave. shops.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

as for the bagels... trust me... I know they have some great bagels. I use to eat there all the time when I lived back behind 5th ave. shops.
WoW, I work over there.....btw,
Crabby Jacks vs. Pampano Hooters? No comparison on venues, But the MELONS were alway's in season! I went once with a friend. Two cars, besides maybe 20+ cars, they overcharge the debit card for 6 people, then the credit didn't show up. Had to fight for it....Only go for the Melons I tell 'ya!....
Now I understand even more why they closed up.

Look, it's something vs. nothing over US 1 way. Flakowitz thing.
I'll let you know how it turns out. (I did not attend, but I was told when I stopped in for lunch last week they did have about 35 cars turnout on a wet & rainy afternoon for their 1st show/cruise on June 21st.

Last edited by RapidRick; 07-01-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Teching In

WoW, I work over there.....btw,
Crabby Jacks vs. Pampano Hooters? No comparison on venues, But the MELONS were alway's in season! I went once with a friend. Two cars, besides maybe 20+ cars, they overcharge the debit card for 6 people, then the credit didn't show up. Had to fight for it....Only go for the Melons I tell 'ya!....
Now I understand even more why they closed up.

Look, it's something vs. nothing over US 1 way. Flakowitz thing.
I'll let you know how it turns out. (I did not attend, but I was told when I stopped in for lunch last week they did have about 35 cars turnout on a wet & rainy afternoon for their 1st show/cruise on June 21st.

I'll still go
Old 07-02-2008, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

I Look forward to it "BCND"....
Old 07-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Teching In

I Look forward to it "BCND"....

Oh you know it. I'll have my truck, so I won't have anything to show. I'll just park across the street at cannoli kitchen

You'll know it's my truck. It's a F250 Diesel that sounds like a jet.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Jet? ... Big Turbo huh?..... lol
Old 07-04-2008, 05:07 AM
Teching In

Jet? ... Big Turbo huh?..... lol
that and an open 3 1/2" MBRP Downpipe for exhaust.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Downpipe huh? .... You'll probably also like my GMMG setup then....
Hey, why park across the street?....I'm sure there's enough room in extended lot that Flake-owitz is in...
unless you're just feeling like Pizza Dough instead of Bagel Dough.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Downpipe huh? .... You'll probably also like my GMMG setup then....
Hey, why park across the street?....I'm sure there's enough room in extended lot that Flake-owitz is in...
unless you're just feeling like Pizza Dough instead of Bagel Dough.

Hmmmm... well, you've got my number. Call me in the afternoon and we'll meet up.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Wink

your 6:56 post was a bit late BCND.
Flakowitz Cruise/Show started @ 5:00 pm.
We rolled in about 5:15.
Next one Sunday Aug 3rd...
C'ya hopefully at Packy's on the 19th.

Quick Reply: Car meets in Palm Beach