Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't crank after BS3 install

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car won't crank after BS3 install

I've had the car down for awhile and it's finally time to start her up. I ditched the factory computer and installed BS3. When I turn the key the fuel pump comes on but no starter. I went through all the initial configurations and I'm pretty sure they're all set. I do have a green and a brown wire left over. They were down by the tranny but I think they're for the speedo but I could be wrong. I had a T400 and just swapped to a 4l80e. Did I miss something or do I need to check wiring some where?

Last edited by theblur98ss; 07-09-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:29 AM
8 Second Club

Cranking for starter motor is totally separate from BS3. What are you using or eliminated for the TH400, for a neutral safety switch? IFIRC, the purple wire out of the ignition switch is crank. What year car? Still using BCM? The starter relay and wiring under the hood, has given me fits in the past.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

My car is a 98 M6 originally. I have the clutch pedal tied to the floor so that switch is good. I still have the bcm in the car. I did some searching on here last night and I plan to clean my key, bypass the relay and reset the vats and go from there. Sounds like it may be unrelated and something from the car sitting awhile.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Got it fixed. Found out that I cut the wire from the starter relay ground to the BCM when I was taking out the PCM. I was being very careful but I guess not careful enough. I had a stray wire left over when I was done....now I know what it goes to.